• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Djokovic can run all day. Murray really needed that first set

Murray will win this..on pure fitness and guts..now, where is your wolves shirt??

Dont think so Murray is playing exceptionally well but come the massive point its Novak Djokovic nearly every time. Thats the difference between great champions and the also rans.

I just have a feeling its murrays day..he look fit, quick and full of confidence...murray win

This really is an exceptional game of tennis. Two well matched athletes going head to head, shot for shot.
Come on Murray

Listening to people like Andrew Castle on commentary you can tell why they never won fuck all, just wouldn't have the balls or mental resolve for the battle.

Murray had four set points in the tie breaker, now down to two

Murray wins the second set with a fantastic return

Great match this, Murray has a real chance here to press on and take the tournament. He's got to be aggressive though at every opportunity.

Murray breaks Djokovic in the first game of the third set

murray all the way..he never stops running

Great match this, Murray has a real chance here to press on and take the tournament. He's got to be aggressive though at every opportunity.

Really, I often think Murray is better when he retains that control rather than pushing the limits when under pressure, when he can see the opportunity yet doesn't get carried away with the excitement of the moment..

Really, I often think Murray is better when he retains that control rather than pushing the limits when under pressure, when he can see the opportunity yet doesn't get carried away with the excitement of the moment..

Murray is best when he takes control, he often gets to passive and lets his opponent take control of the point because he's happy defending but it's not a way of winning major titles. When he's positive and attacks more often he wins.

Murray is best when he takes control, he often gets to passive and lets his opponent take control of the point because he's happy defending but it's not a way of winning major titles. When he's positive and attacks more often he wins.

Exactly this. Will work against most but players in the top 4 rarely miss

I always think against Djokovic you have to accept in aggressive mode he beats you, you have to beat him by clever tactical changes in rhythm and tempo.
That and make fewer unforced errors.

Djokovic is class and one of the best to ever play the game but the injuries thing pisses me off. He does it far too often.

I always think against Djokovic you have to accept in aggressive mode he beats you, you have to beat him by clever tactical changes in rhythm and tempo.
That and make fewer unforced errors.

Djokovic is on the whole more consistent though, you keep in the point and eventually he finds a way to beat you. You have to be more positive when the ball is there to hit and Murray doesn't do that often enough, he just plays one more shot. Like Punts said against most players they will eventually make an error but it's not very often that the best do.

Djokovic is class and one of the best to ever play the game but the injuries thing pisses me off. He does it far too often.
Murray could do with a tactical injury at this moment, lost his rhythm

yeah Murray has to attack..really that is the way to go with anybody that wanna win a grand slam

This third set looks the clincher, both players putting so much in now, can't see the loser of this set having enough in the tank to win in five.

if djokovic loses it i agree..but murray never gives up...agree with you though...this set is SO CRUCIAL

Back