• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Fuck fair Andrew castle. Britishness at times is why we lose things. Imagine if this was done to McEnroe? It would have been nuclear.

Personally I'd find it very distasteful if we started skewing conditions and being biased towards British players. Win it and win it properly.

Closing the roof now is better than closing it at 4-3 in the fourth set. It isn't too dark now but it will be in half an hour.

It's not just that it's the grandstanding at every opportunity and the looking in disbelief at every point that goes against him that are irritating me. Listen sunshine, you've never won a tournament in your life, give it the big I am when you've actually done something to earn it...

Nail on head. Looks like a very good player in the making but hugely unlikeable. And there aren't many players I dislike at the moment, with the exception of Lleyton sodding Hewitt.

As for Corden - this tweet by Frankie Boyle made me laugh:

@frankieboyle: All I'm saying is at 100mph, a tennis ball to the heart would kill James Corden and the whole country would pretend to have seen nothing

Personally I'd find it very distasteful if we started skewing conditions and being biased towards British players. Win it and win it properly.

Closing the roof now is better than closing it at 4-3 in the fourth set. It isn't too dark now but it will be in half an hour.

The way Murray was playing he could have won the 4th set in half an hour. If he didn't then you shut the roof then. There was enough light to play the 4th set, none of the 1st 3 had lasted much more than 40 minutes.

Janowicz would clearly have slowed his game down in the fourth set, played for time, taken whatever breaks in play he was allowed, called the trainer on....wouldn't have finished in time IMO/IMV.

No point moaning about it, if Murray loses it won't be because the roof's on.

There was a definite swing of momentum half way through the third set when Murray broke back, but closing the roof has killed that and any atmosphere he worked up.

Hopefully he can see this forth set off quickly because I'm really not a fan of Janowicz's attitude.

One game away from the final

Double fault heaven! Match point

Back