• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Holy fucking fuck. I just do not believe it. Stakhovski will surely never play that well again.

It's over!!!!

Unbelievable. I can't believe I've seen that.

Djokovic has just had his name engraved on the Trophy..............

Might as well fast forward to next Sunday then.

It's not like Federer played badly. Just Stakhovski was absolutely incredible.

Andy Murray must be loving this, as must Novak Djokovic.

It's not like Federer played badly. Just Stakhovski was absolutely incredible.

Andy Murray must be loving this, as must Novak Djokovic.

Stakhovsky was superb but Federer made some very uncharacteristic errors. You could see his frustration at times.

A good match for the neutral mind you, and yet another upset!!

I can absolutely confirm that Stakhovski's English is somewhat better than my Russian

What the fuck is the screeching all about? Fucking ears are bleeding

And they speak Russian. There is no Ukranian language bar dialect.

The official language of Ukraine is Ukrainian, an East Slavic language which is the native language of 67.5% of Ukraine's population. Russian is the native language of 29.6% of Ukraine's population and the rest (2.9%) are native speakers of other languages.

From the ever reliable wikipedia...

They're very similar but there are subtle differences - look at the anglicisation of Ukraine's capital city, pre-1992 when the official language was Russian (as with everywhere in the USSR) it was Kiev. Now it's Ukrainian, it's Kyiv. I'm no expert on Slavic languages though.

Federer has been a great player, but sadly he is now starting to look vulnerable. Taking nothing off his opponent who was wonderful, but maybe Federer is on the downward slope.

Djokovic wins the opening set on a tie break against Reynolds. Tough set for him but just can't see Reynolds keeping up the level he is playing at.

Tossers slow clapping hawkeye replays boils my piss.

So fucking annoying.

They get that from the French at Roland Garros. The country gave us great food and wine but has much to answer for.

Anyway, Novak breaks. This won't be like last night, I don't think.

Yeah I can't see an upset happening here.

Unless Djokovic pulls up injured of course.

Back