• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

We are done for upsets now I think. Expect a sacrificial lamb to be smashed by Serena on Saturday week and Murray v Djokovic on the Sunday.

Pretty simple after the first set. The guy was playing out of his skin, just to keep up with Novac.

Interesting little snippet after Reynolds defeat

Full marks to Bobby Reynolds for gutsy commitment, particularly in seeing off 14 of 18 break points. His demise means it is first time since 1912 that the United States has no men in the third round at Wimbledon though. The glory days of Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi in SW19 are fast receding in the rear view mirror.

We are done for upsets now I think. Expect a sacrificial lamb to be smashed by Serena on Saturday week and Murray v Djokovic on the Sunday.

I watched Serena's match earlier against 19 year old Garcia. She looks like a very decent prospect.

Why is many of the stars out..grass too long, slippery? Whats the reason?

Why is many of the stars out..grass too long, slippery? Whats the reason?

Players lifting their game against the big guns...It happens every now and then, the same as it can in the FA Cup

Players lifting their game against the big guns...It happens every now and then, the same as it can in the FA Cup

Naah Mike I dont believe thats the only reason this time..many injuries and many stars that would walk rhe match are out..have heard rumours they havent cut the grass short enough and thus make the game slower inviting worse players..any truth in that?

they slowed the courts down to give people like Agassi a chance. Baseliners can now survive at Wimbledon.

Naah Mike I dont believe thats the only reason this time..many injuries and many stars that would walk rhe match are out..have heard rumours they havent cut the grass short enough and thus make the game slower inviting worse players..any truth in that?

The story that the BBC have been reporting from the LTA(Wimbledon) is that because of the poor weather and lack of sun the ground isn't as hard as in previous years. The grass is as short as normal but the surface is slower due to the ground condition. It has not been a plan to "even things out" and after watching the matches (the benefit of still being on the sick) Federer and Nedal have not been at their best while the people who beat them played out of their skin.

The story that the BBC have been reporting from the LTA(Wimbledon) is that because of the poor weather and lack of sun the ground isn't as hard as in previous years. The grass is as short as normal but the surface is slower due to the ground condition. It has not been a plan to "even things out" and after watching the matches (the benefit of still being on the sick) Federer and Nedal have not been at their best while the people who beat them played out of their skin.

Ok cheers Mike that explains some of it..drier courts = better players trough (because they play at a slightly higher tempo)

Bad luck
Existing injuries
easy excuses

Not being allowed to wear colourful trainers. Orange/Red/green has better grip than white #FACKT

Not being allowed to wear colourful trainers. Orange/Red/green has better grip than white #FACKT

Yeah I saw federer had to change..guess he can blaim that..he is not like that though

Back