• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

I think Federer, Nadal and Djokovic will be more wary of Murray than ever before. He's improved a lot over the past 12 months and is more than capable of winning it. I would love it if he did.

Incidentally, did anyone see the documentary on Andy Murray last night?

Yep I saw it - showed him in a very good light. Clearly has a load of respect from his fellow pros.

That time of year again! I do love Wimbles.

Going to be amazingly tight again this year again now Rafa is back on song too. Would love Murray to win it.

The British ladies have some really tough first round matches this year.

That time of year again! I do love Wimbles.

Going to be amazingly tight again this year again now Rafa is back on song too. Would love Murray to win it.

The British ladies have some really tough first round matches this year.

Is Laura Robson our best hope in the Ladies championship? She has drawn 10th seed Maria Kirilenko. A very tough start indeed.

Just watching Monica Puig. Delightful.....

Dunblane going mental over Andy Murray again. We've got bunting and everything...

It was red, white and blue last year but someone's pulled off the red triangles. :icon_lol:

I'm annoyed I missed the Murray documentary.
I'll definitely have to catch that. Trouble is, v little time this week...

Nadal loses the first set 7-6 to Steve Darcis (currently ranked 135 in the world).

Darcis now two sets up! 7-6 again.

Nedal is broken in the first game of the third set and seems to be limping a little too

How's Nadal doing now?

It'll be a shame for the tournament if he does go out so early - obviously I want Murray to win but still love watching the other 'big 3'.

Nadal appears to be in all sorts of trouble. This bloke is just having one of those miracle days where it all goes right.

Messes up a break point too now... this is amazing stuff.

Nadal's body just isn't holding out on grass it seems. No chance to take a bit of the strain out by sliding like he would on clay. He's given up on shots today that he'd get back and hit winners on 99 times out of 100.

Obviously Darcis has performed really well too. One service game away from going through.

Back