• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Great match, sets Djokovic for a great season with a massive physiological edge over the others.

However Nedal is due back next month so it could get really interesting

With Federer past his best, and Nadal's injury problems, I think we could be seeing quite a few Murray v Djokavic finals. Two very fine players indeed.

Brilliant Davis Cup comeback at the weekend. James Ward was hospitalised after his exertions, as, like in the tie, he was 2-0 down & came back to win 3-2.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22087687
First time since before WW2 that we've come back from 2-0 down I think?

Great result. Next Davis cup match will be tough, & we will need Murray to play in that one (could be up against Nadal & Spain, or Federer & Switzerland).

However, after a very positive 6 months, the women are struggling - Watson has glandular fever, & Robson is struggling to get past the first 2 rounds in any tournaments...

Croatia away next up, they have Karlovic and Tipsarevic off the top of my head but with Murray and a decent doubles team we should effectively have a good shot at beating anyone.

Easy for Wawrinka. 6-1,6-2 to the Swiss. And just like that Murray returns to world number 3. Was fun while it lasted.

Another classic going on at the moment.

Watching Nadals standard it just seems impossible that he can be so good after major injury and lay off. Extraordinary

Get the red button on. Andy & Tim v Berdych and Lendl.

Murray hype everywhere atm.

Anyone think he can do it this year?

Nope. For some reason he's in the same half of the draw as both Federer AND Nedal. What's that all about?
Djorkavic (sp) gets a free run in the other half.

Nope. For some reason he's in the same half of the draw as both Federer AND Nedal. What's that all about?
Djorkavic (sp) gets a free run in the other half.

It is because Nadal is 5th seed due to him missing tournaments due to his knee injury. Though to win any tournament you have to beat the best, and the same will apply at Wimbledon.

I think he can. Whether he will, I'm not 100%.
Runner up last year, then won The Olympic gold there shortly after (quite assuredly too) and then immediately won the US open. So, a definite chance.
A lot will depend on how well he's healed from the recent back injury.
A lot could also depend on the outcome (& level of effort required) in the opposite QF in his half of the draw - likely to be Federer v Nadal.

He can win but it's going to be a tough one, probably Tsonga in the quarters followed by Fed/Nadal in the semis and Novak in the final if he's going to win it all.

Wimbledon starts today. Will Andy Murray succeed at last, having come so close last year. As Slink says, to do so, he has some very good players standing in his way.

I think Federer, Nadal and Djokovic will be more wary of Murray than ever before. He's improved a lot over the past 12 months and is more than capable of winning it. I would love it if he did.

Incidentally, did anyone see the documentary on Andy Murray last night?

I think Federer, Nadal and Djokovic will be more wary of Murray than ever before. He's improved a lot over the past 12 months and is more than capable of winning it. I would love it if he did.

Incidentally, did anyone see the documentary on Andy Murray last night?

I did not see it. Was that were he was talking about Dunblane?

Back