• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Yep, he doesn't look right at all and we shouldn't take anything away from Darcis he has hit some wonderful shots since I've been watching

So, Darcis to serve for the match

I'm not even sure he'd last another two sets if he won this one to be honest

Wow! Darcis will never play this well again

What a story.

Probably would have been in Rafa's best interests to have had a long break after the French Open.

Darcis has been playing Challenger Tour tennis this year and this is only his ninth proper tour game this year. That's a remarkable feat

Nadal's interview was superb - refusing to blame his injury for the defeat and praising Darcis.

Top pro, respectful in defeat.

Yeah he said the same about his defeat at Wimbmedon last year in a recent interview.

Nadal's interview was superb - refusing to blame his injury for the defeat and praising Darcis.

Top pro, respectful in defeat.

Absolutely. A lot of sports stars could learn from Nadal how to behave in defeat.

He clearly was injured but a very fair ethic, he was right to praise his opponent. It's nice that the top six or so in that sport are genuinely nice guys.

He clearly was injured but a very fair ethic, he was right to praise his opponent. It's nice that the top six or so in that sport are genuinely nice guys.

Minus Federer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/te...Roger-Federer-special-practised-together.html

‘He is so laid back he is almost horizontal. I have been round to his house at Wimbledon during The Championships and on his day off he’s rolling around on the floor playing with his kids. You wonder if he really ought to be off doing something to focus on his tennis but that’s what works for him.

‘I am sure, whatever he chooses to do in life after tennis, he will make a success of it because there has always been much more to him than just tennis.’

Went under the radar a bit yesterday with the Nadal stuff, but Lleyton Hewitt sprung his own surprise by beating 11th seed Stanislaw Wawrinka.

Heather Watson out in straight sets. Always going to be a tough ask after such an awful year with illness.

Back