• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Konta smashes up makarova in double quick time and will now face serena williams

Get in Rog!

Fed v Nadal and Venus v Serena looking very likely.

It's like 2006/07 all over again.

He's the greatest tennis player ever. Gutted Murray didn't make it but I'm never disappointed to see Rog make a final.

2-1 Nadal with a break in the final set.. What a match, I want Federer to win just because of his personal character..

Rogers backhand is better than Wawrinkas this tournament... Insane

Back on serve now and Roger makes an ace on the scond serve to hold serve easy and lead 4-3

Roger just strikes the ball so early, great technically

Roger breaks and serves for the title and another grand slam

Roger Federer wins his 18th grand slam at the age of 35!! Amazing..

Sticking this out there...

Best sportsman of all time?

That's quite simply magnificent.

And I'm absolutely gutted for Rafa. Love them both.

Agreed Nando, on both counts.. Rafa also a top lad and i dont wanna try to break down his defence in tennis..

Scenes in the Davis Cup match against Canada. Deciding match, Edmund 2-0 up, the Canadian lad hits a shot long and in frustration absolutely belts a spare ball....straight at the umpire and hits him square in the eye. Default and GB through 3-2.

France away next I think.

Fantastic. Just watched this on the BBC site.

Andy Murray comes from a set down to reach the Dubai Championship Semi-Final after a second set tie breaker that lasted 31 minutes. He saved 7 match points in the breaker, the longest in the mens game since 1991 and then won the third set quicker than it took to win the tie breaker.

World number two Novak Djokovic was knocked out of the Mexico Open quarter-finals in straight sets by Australian Nick Kyrgios

Jo Konta into the final of Miami Open after beating Venus in the semis.

Will face Wozniaki in the final, and will reach career high of 7 in the world if she wins

Back