• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

But can we please hold back on the knighthoods for Sportsmen. At least until they have bloody retired.

Agreed. Not a lot of competition this year as Froome is slightly tarnished by the $#@! flying about at Sky. Can't see anyone else getting even close, frankly.

Mo Farah
Gareth Bale
Chris Froome
Max Whitlock (1st Double Gold medalist in Gymnastics for GB in an Olympics and World Champion)
Amy Tinkler,
Adam Peaty (owns the top 10 times in the world at his sports + WC + OC)
Jade Jones (consecutive gold medals)
Charlotte Dujardin (consecutive gold medals)
Nicola Adams (as above)
Laura Kenny (nee Trott)
Jason Kenny
Anthony Joshua
(and for a complete outside bet) Conner McGregor (UFC)

Although only Mo has a chance at beating Murray. The GB womens hockey team will win team of the year.

Jamie Murray and Bruno Soares also finish the season as the world number one doubles team.

Connor mcgregor is Irish so surely he can't win it anyway?

Hamilton wins the title on Sunday he comes into play. Petrol heads always come out for this. Tennis isn't really my thing, but I can appreciate what Murray has done and would be a worthy winner. I'd like to see Max Whitlock win it personally, again not something I'm into, but a Brit to do what he has is phenomenal.

Two time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova has reportedly been injured in knife attack at her home.

Consolidates her top ten position in the rankings nicely. Unfortunately she has loads of Australian Open points to defend and an absolute bitch of a draw.

Congratulations to Dan Evans for reaching his First ATP final after beating Andrey Kuznetsov.

Congratulations to Dan Evans for knocking out the Number 7 seed Marin Cilic at the Australian Open.

3-6 7-5 6-3 6-3

That was a tremendous performance. Brits doing pretty well so far - 5 still in the tournament.

I see Kyrgios tanked again, such a wasteman.

Konta through comfortably. Edmund and Watson lose (Watson really shouldn't have done - had about a million match points)

Djokovic in trouble and being taken to a fifth set.

Back