• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

I'm going to go against the TWF grain here and argue for something I have no personal stake in. I think it is important that terrestrial broadcasters provide some children's output. We all benefited from it when we were kids (well, maybe not Frank and Parkin, television hadn't been invented then). ITV don't bother any more at all as far as I can tell. Though some of it should be educational, not just imported cartoons.

And I say all this as someone who doesn't have kids and is 99% sure to remain that way for as long as I live.

I will have you know I was an avid viewer of Watch with Mother ,and Tingha and Tucker, not to mention the Flowerpot men...!

Muffin the Mule? At a tender age, I was apparently very happy to be shoved in front of Bagpuss and the Clangers. Also Ivor the Engine.

Back to the tennis, Djokovic just played two perfect long shots, both landing on the line.
Good game this, 6-6

Muffin the Mule? At a tender age, I was apparently very happy to be shoved in front of Bagpuss and the Clangers. Also Ivor the Engine.

I spent many happy hours watching Bagpuss, The Flowerpot Men and Ivor the Engine on VHS at my Nan's house when I was a bairn.

Big Kev takes it. Big servers do bother Novak more than they should.

I think master Agut might have to retire v Fed. Simon destroyed Berdych.

Yeah looked like a bad slip.

Watching some of Djokovics body movements, you can see how important it is too plant your feet and use your momentum to get across court while maintaining balance. He made some beautiful returns whilst sliding across with both feet planted.
It's almost like watching ice skaters, loads of upper body mobility whilst locking the legs to allow perfect slides

I'm going to go against the TWF grain here and argue for something I have no personal stake in. I think it is important that terrestrial broadcasters provide some children's output. We all benefited from it when we were kids (well, maybe not Frank and Parkin, television hadn't been invented then). ITV don't bother any more at all as far as I can tell. Though some of it should be educational, not just imported cartoons.

And I say all this as someone who doesn't have kids and is 99% sure to remain that way for as long as I live.

Cheek - I only go back as far as Muffin the Mule (you lot will presumably have to Google that) & its not a euphemism as the BBC didn't allow them then

Done him. Sticking it to Djokovic at the minute.

Anderson is just an absolute bomber. Novak needs to get into points somehow

Not much you can do against this sort of play! Relentless. Just got to keep your head up and wear them out.

Back