• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Some excellent returns and lobs in that Karlovic service game but he somehow holds to make Murray serve it out

Good hold and Murray is through

Federer and Djokovic both coming out. BBC go to one channel to accommodate the fucking news. Spectacular.

All it needs is a banner at the bottom of the screen for five minutes - 'Please retune to Channel 107 for the Six O'Clock News'. It really is monumentally stupid.

Yeah, fuck the 6 o'clock news?

It's the fact that they're already showing it on another channel, that 100% of the viewing public has access to. In ye olden days it was frustrating but understandable, there was only so much airtime and everyone had to share.

BBC3 - off air until a Top Gear repeat at 7pm

BBC4 - off air until World News today at 7pm.

Fucking stupid. Use the channels.

That bandwidth is shared with the kids channels IIRC. So when they go off Three and Four come on.

All the kids watch cartoon network and nickelodeon anyway. Retire that fucking annoying puppet dog which is like the most pathetic roland rat lite* and the world is good. Plus by six they should be either eating, doing homework, or in bed.

*I know roland rat was ITV, before you all pick up on that.

I'm going to go against the TWF grain here and argue for something I have no personal stake in. I think it is important that terrestrial broadcasters provide some children's output. We all benefited from it when we were kids (well, maybe not Frank and Parkin, television hadn't been invented then). ITV don't bother any more at all as far as I can tell. Though some of it should be educational, not just imported cartoons.

And I say all this as someone who doesn't have kids and is 99% sure to remain that way for as long as I live.

Yep, CBeebies and CBbc is certainly a level above spongebob and that shite

I dunno. Adventure Time is pretty good on cartoon network, if extremely bizarre. And Gumball is approaching genius.

Cartoon Network ain't free though.

No - it certainly isn't.

I think the days of ITV trying to compete against BBC with Magpie against Blue Peter now feel like ancient TV history. Why Don't You would probably now change the song to Why Don't you just stick GTAV on and kill some pigs.

Back