• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Ward holds for 3-5 but must now break

Pospisil holds and Ward heads into a deciding set....Come on Jamie

4 all in the 5th set with Ward serving...He needs to be strong willed here and hold well

4 all in the 5th set with Ward serving...He needs to be strong willed here and hold well

He does and leads 5-4... Now to put the pressure on Pospisil and break him for the win

The game moves to 6-5 to Ward in the decider...Unfortunately he look unable to break the Canadians massive serve

Pospisil wins...Ward just ran out of steam while Pospisil was able to step up a gear. Fantastic effort by Ward though

Just couldn't get near his serve at the end. Means automatic entry to the US Open for Ward now though. No reason why he can't hold that place in the top 100 and look another 20-30 places higher.

I'd be surprised if it lasted much longer than the match vs Haase.

Murray wins the first set and breaks in the first game of the second set...This could be over in a hurry

Those pissed up twats singing "stand up if you love Murray" need taking out back and shot!

Andrew Castle is a truly awful commentator. McEnroe must be sitting there thinking "I won seven grand slams and I have to sit here with your banal nonsense mister world rank 80 at your best". Jesus.

Andrew Castle is a truly awful commentator. McEnroe must be sitting there thinking "I won seven grand slams and I have to sit here with your banal nonsense mister world rank 80 at your best". Jesus.
But if he needs help with an accident claim..

I can't stand Castle. You don't have to have been a great player to pass comment - after all, who is the better football pundit, Danny Murphy or Sol Campbell - but he's just so anodyne, so in turn you at least need to have some kind of gravitas...and he doesn't have any. The worst of both worlds. Cannot understand why the BBC persevere with him.

Seppi made him work to hold his serve there but Murray wins the second set 6-2

Back