• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Tennis Thread

Looked to me like Watson just lost a little control at the end; sliced a couple of "easy" shots that could have had us still watching if she had hit them.

Too many unforced errors to let Serena back into the game. At 3 games up in the 3rd set she was in total control, and then started hitting wayward shots. Serena's experience carried her through in the end.
Hope to see more of Watson though, she's nice

Looked like she thought "shit I could win this" and the enormity of it hit her. As Deutsch says do it again you'll know what to do. With Murray though you knew the next time would come, not so sure with Heather

Looked like she thought "$#@! I could win this" and the enormity of it hit her. As Deutsch says do it again you'll know what to do. With Murray though you knew the next time would come, not so sure with Heather

Up to her really. She's got a top 20 (possibly top 10) game but she's had a lot of injury problems. She'll only be better for this experience. She almost matched Williams' power today which is no mean feat. I think she'd have beaten any other player in the draw today on that performance.

Heather was truly superb, and wonderful entertainment to boot. Admittedly, Serena helped her out a lot, but Heather had her very very rattled. You could see it in both their eyes. Serena realising she was playing badly and in trouble, and Heather realising she had a chance. But the nerves got the better of Heather and Serena's grit brought her through...

If she stays fit, she'll be up there soon enough. Laura could get up there too in a few years. Lovely stuff.

Also, Heather is just so sweet! That interview of her when she was 12 was so cute!

At the end of the third set serena upped her game and Watson dropped off slightly. Watson was winning more from unforced errors from Serena rather than winners from herself. As soon as Serena started finding the court normal order was resumed.

Watson needed some free points from her first serve, but that isn't too common in the women's game, particularly from the lower ranked players. Serena was getting multiple free points which eased the pressure.

Dustin Brown two sets down against Troicki. Can't see a repeat of his Nadal performance from here.

Cilic beats Isner in a five set classic 12-10 in the final set
7-6, 6-7, 6-4, 6-7 then the 12-10

Why the fuck are there morons chanting between points in the Federer/Groth match?! Shut the fuck up!!

Why the $#@! are there morons chanting between points in the Federer/Groth match?! Shut the $#@! up!!

Ward is just about to start on BBC Two so switch over to hear some pro-Brit chanting/squealing/screaming! ;)

Ward loses the first set but breaks Pospisil to lead 2-0 in the second

Ward holds his nerve to win the second set 6-3
Tsonga 2 sets to 1 down

Ward leads 2-1 with a break in the third set

Ward breaks again to lead 4-1.. Pospisil is just trying to serve/volley everything because he doesn't think he can win long rallies

Ward leads 2 sets to 1 winning the third 6-2
Tsonga in a tie breaker in the forth set, fighting to take it to a fifth set

Karlovic blows Tsonga away with his booming serve, 3 sets to 1

Ward struggling in the fourth set as Pospisil steadies his game and rediscovers his serve...Leads 5-2

I didn't think Tsonga was going to be too much of a factor this year. Injury has made it difficult. Ward struggling to stay in the fourth set. He might have to go the full five.

Tsonga didn't play any tennis after Roland Garros, if this were a standard tour event he wouldn't have played, he isn't fit.

Murray will easily beat Karlovic, serve machines don't cause him any trouble.

Back