• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I’m pleased I’ll be on holiday next week so I can let the transfer deadline pass me by unnoticed.

That doesn't make sense. How can you have an option based on appearances? If he plays 25 games we might buy him.
If we sell Sa and Ramsdale doesn’t make 25 appearances we’ll almost certainly be relegated unless we replace Bentley too. I hope they’ve factored that into the small print.

The absolute state of this FFS.

The full Johnny Phillips piece:

People should never, ever forget these emails from Jeff Shi/Fosun to Mendes and Gestifute, that said:

'You always know the reason for the investment of Wolves is mainly because of our bet and trust on Jorge. Jorge can take Wolves as the most reliable partner and agency revenue source for long long time. Player trading is the most lucrative part of business in the football industry'

People should never, ever forget these emails from Jeff Shi/Fosun to Mendes and Gestifute, that said:

'You always know the reason for the investment of Wolves is mainly because of our bet and trust on Jorge. Jorge can take Wolves as the most reliable partner and agency revenue source for long long time. Player trading is the most lucrative part of business in the football industry'
Especially lucrative if you sell and don’t buy!

So far removed from this now, I genuinely don’t care. I got offered a season ticket by a good mate for whatever games they can’t attend and while I love that guy to bits I politely declined. I appreciate the offer more than he’ll ever know but I am not supporting the cunts who ‘run’ this club in any way, shape or form. Fosun can get fucked.

Yeah each passing day I feel vindicated not to renew. I had a brief spell in pre season when I thought I was going to miss it but now the thought of handing them money and justifying their pricing far outweighs that. Particularly when they are blatantly taking the piss, not even trying to hide behind anything anymore.

People acting surprised on Twitter “putting the prices, selling Neto and Kilman then signing nobody”. Zero sympathy

Google translate leads me to believe this person says he'll be signing.

That leaves around £15m of the £20m Jeff’s allowing Hobbs to have, which will go on Mr. 6”1 from Burnley.

Then we’ll be back to trying to flog Guedes etc before we can look at a winger.

Can tell you now there’s nothing left in the kitty for Ramsdale so that one ain’t happening. “We tried” etc etc.

Ramsdale would just be a small loan fee wouldn't it? His transfer fee delayed until next summer, same as Larsen.

Imagine if we have an obligation to buy Ramsdale for £25m on top of the £23m for Larsen. Would give the club a handy excuse not to spend much next summer either. And also to sell RAN and Gomes... 🤮

He’s played 9 minutes for Nantes. He ain’t playing this year and unlikely next year either.

Back