• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Adams and proper striker, yerson and a good cb, sell neto and sarabia, and have a good look at chiquino and mini mario.
That'll do for me.
It's sad that we're in a position where people would be happy with this.

We don't need to sell anyone.

You can’t lose Neto and Sarabia and not replace them! What’s wrong with people.
We've heard Rowe to replace Neto, still the case?

Personally I'd look at Whittaker to replace Sarabia.

It's have no problem putting RAN in the inside forward right either.

We don't need to sell anyone.
Whilst we don't need to, all the noise coming out of the club is that they have set themselves this challenge and then that dictates how much we use to replace said players.

The gaslighting Ashleyesque cunts.

Tommy-Rowe.jpg

Knows the club, on a free

Some good negotiating that would be

If we did a prediction League based on @Deutsch Wolf GIF responses, I reckon I would be bastard top of that league

Last edited:

Personally I'd look at Whittaker to replace Sarabia.

It's have no problem putting RAN in the inside forward right either.
Rowe is an option but there will be plenty on the list I don’t know about.
Also as I said it’ll depend if we bring in two number 9’s and use Hwang wider or whether it’s just one striker and we will then need an extra wide forward.
I agree on RAN, impressive when played as an inside forward. If we sign a left back that could be a big sign GON agrees.

You can’t lose Neto and Sarabia and not replace them! What’s wrong with people.
I did say have a look at chiquino (pre season) and there's still bellegarde.
Even if we get decent money for neto and sarabia, i can't see jeff spending money on anything but a decent cf and cb.

Well we won't get good money for Sarabia given his age. But his wages are crazy - highest earner by far so that would give us (more) headroom to sign Pogba...

This squad is as it stands right now just by the numbers, is at minimum a striker, forward and CB away from what should be a basic squad in the Prem. Doesn't account for players on loan or youth promotion.

20 players this season were what we were running as first team squad, including King as 3rd GK. 20th in minutes played this season was Fabio. LOL. So I think 23 is a decent number, especially when you consider the quality issues we have.

So any transfers out, like Neto and SA, would have to have someone ready to transfer in and ideally another target to help cover a hole...which hopefully they don't fall back on relying on returning loanees (with exception of Mosquera).

Upgrading quality in different positions feels like a distant hope at this stage, just need signings so not stuck in the situation we were Feb-May.

Not on a free so absolutely don't want him now, we don't need to pay money for a filler CM.

Good news that he's off the list. Though I dread to think what kind of shmuck he beat into second place

It's an odd position to prioritise. If Joao leaves (I don't think he will) then maybe there's a conversation to be had but otherwise, if you're looking along the free/low cost end of the market, you're basically after someone to usurp Joe Hodge in the pecking order. Joe Hodge who has started 1 PL game for us ever and it will remain that way as he is one of the worst footballers I've seen play for us in the 21st century.

You may as well leave it alone and concentrate on the areas where we actually are weak, like we don't own an actual striker that's fit for current purpose, or we have no depth if more than one attacking player is injured at any one time, or Matt Doherty has still been getting Premier League minutes in 2024, or how our error-prone keeper is under no pressure as his back-up is League One standard, or how all our centre halves have at least one glaring weakness and the best one of them is 34 now.

Back