• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I don't think they'd be that stupid, another manager walks, even the Twitter superfans would wobble and we go down. I don't expect them to invest everything gained from sales, I do expect something though even if that's Championship players and punts from South America

If we sell 2 or 3 star players and do not spend a penny of that I would be amazed. Even last summer, when we sold Nunes we went out spent a chunk of it.

As TT says though, it will be type of player we sign and won't be a "big name"*

*Unless Pogba has his ban lifted of course...

I think SA, RAN, Gomes, Neto are all probably leaving, probably generates around £120-150m.
They probably look to only use about 25% of that on incoming players £30m except the quality to either be very raw and very risky.

I didn't think mosquera wanted to come back?
He doesn't, but there's wanting out because you are enjoying yourself, getting regular game time and living in a country where they speak your native language and being a dick about it. TBD where he where is on the spectrum.

If we sell 2 or 3 star players and do not spend a penny of that I would be amazed. Even last summer, when we sold Nunes we went out spent a chunk of it.

As TT says though, it will be type of player we sign and won't be a "big name"*

*Unless Pogba has his ban lifted of course...
We bought Bellegarde, who isn't very good, Doyle, who I think is a bang average championship midfielder and Bueno, who looks ill suited to the PL.

Hobbs has to do much better as more buys like that and we will go down.

I think SA, RAN, Gomes, Neto are all probably leaving, probably generates around £120-150m.
They probably look to only use about 25% of that on incoming players £30m except the quality to either be very raw and very risky.
If those 4 go, along with Sarabia and Semedo (both linked with Saudi) I think Cunha would say 'fuck this' and agitate for a move.

We bought Bellegarde, who isn't very good, Doyle, who I think is a bang average championship midfielder and Bueno, who looks ill suited to the PL.

Hobbs has to do much better as more buys like that and we will go down.
That's unfair you missed off Gonzalez who doesn't look ready for u21s football

If those 4 go, along with Sarabia and Semedo (both linked with Saudi) I think Cunha would say 'fuck this' and agitate for a move.

I mean it’s not a hard formula to work out, as said it’s just a case of which season in the next couple of years we go down.
The policy is unsustainable at premier league level.
I genuinely think they’ve looked at BHA and thought “why can’t we do that” simply they’ve got a clear formula for it but eventually their plan will fall flat on its face.

How come the narrative is now we're selling Gomes, Neto and RAN?

Top end of their value basically, Gomes could be worth more next summer. RAN and Neto the money you’ll get now is probably as good as it gets.
We need to remember that the owners don’t see us as a football club just a business.
I’d argue wanting a self sustainable club of our size to maintain its PL status without any cash injection is fundamentally flawed and past evidence will support it.

Top end of their value basically, Gomes could be worth more next summer. RAN and Neto the money you’ll get now is probably as good as it gets.
We need to remember that the owners don’t see us as a football club just a business.
I’d argue wanting a self sustainable club of our size to maintain its PL status without any cash injection is fundamentally flawed and past evidence will support it.
I think with Gomes a lot could depend on how he performs in the Summer, if he sits on the bench nothing changes, if he plays and has a good tournament he could be getting towards his maximum value. I'm presuming the former is more likely which then depends on how short term Fosun's thinking is. He'll be worth more in 12 months time v doubled our money in 18 months we're geniuses.

Agree, that's panic stations/Fosun hating at its most flouncy. Absolutely no chance that we sell any more than two from Gomes/Lemina/Neto//RAN/Cunha.

Fosun are cheap, they know fuck all about football, but they're not *completely* braindead. That's not to say that losing two of them and replacing them with shit like Brownhill/Adams etc is a good strategy or will result in anything other than a relegation fight, of course.

I'll put my balls on the line now and say there is no way we are selling all of those 3 this summer.

And there are tonnes of things we can rightly criticise Fosun for at the moment, but slagging them off for something they haven't done is a bit extreme?

Yeah I was just about to post this myself. Neto is a given, assuming someone takes a punt at the right price with his injury record. Very unlikely two of them go. Absolutely no way we sell all three.

It'll be Neto + others from the loan list/returning players. I guess at a push as far as the first team goes, we may see Sa go. Unfortunately the ship has sailed on Kilman and I don't see anyone offering close to what we'd want for the likes of Semedo, Lemina, Hwang etc.

Yeah I was just about to post this myself. Neto is a given, assuming someone takes a punt at the right price with his injury record. Very unlikely two of them go. Absolutely no way we sell all three.

It'll be Neto + others from the loan list/returning players. I guess at a push as far as the first team goes, we may see Sa go. Unfortunately the ship has sailed on Kilman and I don't see anyone offering close to what we'd want for the likes of Semedo, Lemina, Hwang etc.
It'll be 2 first 11 players because that's what the club has got Judah and Keen to position. So best realistic case it's Sa+1. As for the shit, there has to be a buyer first, not sure there will be for much of it that makes any meaningful difference.

It'll be 2 first 11 players because that's what the club has got Judah and Keen to position. So best realistic case it's Sa+1. As for the shit, there has to be a buyer first, not sure there will be for much of it that makes any meaningful difference.
I don't disagree that two of our starting 11 could be sold - but I just don't expect all three of the players mentioned above to go and I'm not sure why that's now being stated as fact on here. Top three most likely candidates for me are Neto, Sa and Sarabia. I do agree that we need buyers, though.

After those three we're topping up the pot by selling players like Bolla, Lonwijk, Cundle, Hodge... then of course you've got the likes of Podence, Guedes, Silva that we'll no doubt be trying to move on.

There should be enough money generated there to re-invest in the squad without having to lose someone like Gomes or RAN on top. Particularly as we're shopping in a budget/free supermarket for our incoming business!

I don't disagree that two of our starting 11 could be sold - but I just don't expect all three of the players mentioned above to go and I'm not sure why that's now being stated as fact on here. Top three most likely candidates for me are Neto, Sa and Sarabia. I do agree that we need buyers, though.

After those three we're topping up the pot by selling players like Bolla, Lonwijk, Cundle, Hodge... then of course you've got the likes of Podence, Guedes, Silva that we'll no doubt be trying to move on.

There should be enough money generated there to re-invest in the squad without having to lose someone like Gomes or RAN on top. Particularly as we're shopping in a budget/free supermarket for our incoming business!
I like the new optimistic Jinky,

Back