• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

See this is what annoys me with our fanbase.

In isolation it's not been a horrendous window, it's sort of ok if you squint a bit but it badly misaligns with previous messaging and we have huge gaps in key areas that we aren't going to fix before 11pm.

"Hobbs deserves a statue".

Get fucked, son.

Liam saying Chiquinho to Mallorca

See this is what annoys me with our fanbase.

In isolation it's not been a horrendous window, it's sort of ok if you squint a bit but it badly misaligns with previous messaging and we have huge gaps in key areas that we aren't going to fix before 11pm.

"Hobbs deserves a statue".

Get fucked, son.
Our Twitter fans (I assume we aren't unique) always over project on new signings. Forbs and Gomes are both unknown quantities at PL level, in what way do they more than make up for Neto? He like everyone else doesn't know.
Liam saying Chiquinho to Mallorca
Full or half board?

Adult in Care Bear onesie, had him pegged as an attention seeking wrong'un before I read a word tbqh.

Our Twitter fans (I assume we aren't unique) always over project on new signings. Forbs and Gomes are both unknown quantities at PL level, in what way do they more than make up for Neto? He like everyone else doesn't know.
You say that but what would "make up for Neto"?

We are never gonna spend £40-50m on a top level winger, nor would they likely want to come to us. The way we've always replaced players is buying upcoming talent. That was never going to change.

We are never gonna spend £40-50m on a top level winger, nor would they likely want to come to us. The way we've always replaced players is buying upcoming talent. That was never going to change.
Well I mean your boy Whittaker perhaps. He's got more of a CV than a lad with an underwhelming season at Ajax (but a great youth record) and someone from a mid-table Portuguese side.

And as I keep saying, we have one fucking left back. Give that man a statue.

The players we've bought this window all have good potential to be the next big sales in a few years time. In that sense it's been a success.

In terms of balancing the squad and getting players in for the way the manager wants to play it's not been successful at all. We've fudged our way through it in those terms yet still need a CB, LB and a better No.2 GK than Bentley.

Exactly

According to Sky, the deal for Forbes has an obligation to buy for £11.3m

Well I mean your boy Whittaker perhaps. He's got more of a CV than a lad with an underwhelming season at Ajax (but a great youth record) and someone from a mid-table Portuguese side.

And as I keep saying, we have one fucking left back. Give that man a statue.
Who is the one LB?

Loans with obligations make so little sense to me. Am I missing something there?

Who is the one LB?
Ait-Nouri (despite bizarre claims this week he can't play there, he patently can, he just had an awful game on Sunday)

Beyond that we're deploying a CH who can't pass the ball there or a dreadful RB who belongs in League Two.

Back