• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Think I still would have preferred Whittaker. If the plan is to go 4-3-3 then Cunha will be coming inside off the left and Whittaker would have done that off the right.

Maybe Gaz doesn't want two players doing that and meeting in the middle, making all our play with the wingers a bit narrow and predictable, and wants one to be able to go outside more often than not to stretch the defences a bit.
Or maybe he doesn't want a player where any other interest comes from the Championship?

Think I still would have preferred Whittaker. If the plan is to go 4-3-3 then Cunha will be coming inside off the left and Whittaker would have done that off the right.

Maybe Gaz doesn't want two players doing that and meeting in the middle, making all our play with the wingers a bit narrow and predictable, and wants one to be able to go outside more often than not to stretch the defences a bit.
Whittaker isn't very quick, he's more like Sarabia for pace and GoN has said he wants pace for his wide men.

Not that I've seen any of Forbs in actual games other than YouTube but he looks blisteringly quick.

I like Whitaker but we've chosen not to play that way.

God, you talk a lot of shit about American soccer for someone who clearly knows fuck all about it.

Also, *Zack *Steffen.
You have no clue newboy. God, your load of shite becomes an MLS team and all of a sudden you think you know everything about it. :)

Arsenal target Daniel Bentley is set to stay at Wolverhampton Wanderers this summer despite the north London side making a deadline day enquiry for the goalkeeper.

Arsenal are close to completing the signing of 35-year-old Bournemouth goalkeeper Neto on loan, to serve as a backup to David Raya.

As things stand, no further incoming business is expected*.

Bentley, 31, who moved to Molineux from Bristol City in January 2023, was identified by Arsenal as a potential back-up option earlier in the window.

Arsenal had been in the market for a third-choice goalkeeper who fell within the Premier League and UEFA’s homegrown criteria.

However, Wolves are unwilling to sanction the move as they will have limited time to find a replacement for the Englishman.

*NB - think this bit applies to Arsenal, not us, although it still could apply

I think as mentioned with the likely change of system we have:

Hwang
Sarabia
Podence
Guedes
R.Gomes
Bellegarde

for one position in RW.

It was always likely to be Podence or Guedes to leave out of that group. I'd probably go with Podence.
Definitely a case here of quantity over quality. As a wide player both Hwang and Bellegarde have been poor, Podence and Sarabia hugely inconsistent, Gomes unproven and Guedes uninterested. Hopefully Gomes can make the step up but he didn’t inspire in his brief appearance against Chelsea. If money is tight the decision to keep Hwamg seems more bizarre now than at the time.

Only fair to say that unless the loan fee is Trincaoesque that Forbs on loan with an option but not an obligation is a smart deal

Ornstein (backed by FabRom and Liam) saying we have reached agreement with Ajax for Forbs - loan plus option to buy next summer for 13.5m Euros

Won't say no to Forbs, but the CB is the day's really important business, and I'd much rather we had a solid iron in the fire for that one than for a winger.

Forbs deal sounds like a decent deal on the face of it. €13.5m is a good price as an option. You'd imagine we'll pay that happily next summer unless he's a complete flop.

Any idea on a loan fee?

Chiquinho was always planned to go out on loan if we signed a winger. Gives us an extra Non-HG space in the squad for a potential CB, or in January if we need it.

Absolutely love the way the entire Wolves fan base is wetting themselves over Carlos Forbs - yet, until about a week ago, never heard of him.

Back