• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Seems Podence is getting his move.

We don't need that many forwards (especially if one is dropping out from our regular shape), out of contract in less than a year and we know what he's like, 1 good game for every 3 bad ones.

Nice sign off with that assist on Wednesday and thanks for the goals in 2022/23 without which we'd have gone down.
Was sort of hoping we’d keep him, because (despite being a pain in the arse & inconsistent) he has that game changing moment in his locker which is invaluable.

I guess this means Chiquinho will now stay (thought he might have headed out on loan). We needed someone to go to free up a non-homegrown space.

Would have kept Podence, has goals in him.

However after 10 games, I'd probably be fed up of him, and the drama he causes.
I think they back Rodrigo to get goals from that wide role. However based on his cameo vs Chelsea he really needs to toughen up and quickly.

I think as mentioned with the likely change of system we have:

Hwang
Sarabia
Podence
Guedes
R.Gomes
Bellegarde

for one position in RW.

It was always likely to be Podence or Guedes to leave out of that group. I'd probably go with Podence.

It was always likely to be Podence or Guedes to leave out of that group. I'd probably go with Podence.
From a PSR point of view it has to be Podence in a straight choice.

We can book that £5m on as profit, his amortisation ran out last year. We still need someone to pay over £15m for Guedes to remain neutral, and clearly they are not going to do that.

I can't fathom looking at our performances so far and thinking that we need to put all of our chips on the winger and not the CH.
From the reports we are trying for a CB as well (no real names out there apart from a weak link to Chalobah)

I think as mentioned with the likely change of system we have:

Hwang
Sarabia
Podence
Guedes
R.Gomes
Bellegarde

for one position in RW.

I imagine Bellegarde moves to being cover for J.Gomes, if we are indeed moving towards a 4-3-3.

Andre/Doyle
J.Gomes/Bellegarde
Lemina/Bouba

Sarabia/Forbes
Cunha/R.Gomes/Chiquinho
Larsen/Hwang/Guedes

I can't see how one of Chiquinho or Guedes are still here if this Forbes deal goes through.

From the reports we are trying for a CB as well (no real names out there apart from a weak link to Chalobah)
Aguerd too (loan)

Kiwior is my pick as he's not going to play for Arsenal. Captain Twat never swaps the CHs unless they're unavailable, and all of Timber, Calafiori, Zinchenko and Tomiyasu will probably play at LB before he does. I reckon he'd be first choice CH alongside Mosquera for us and we'd have the option of putting him at LB if Rayan is off colour or we want to play him elsewhere (plus we'd actually have more than one LB, imagine).

But he doesn't seem to be in our thoughts.

I imagine Bellegarde moves to being cover for J.Gomes, if we are indeed moving towards a 4-3-3.

Andre/Doyle
J.Gomes/Bellegarde
Lemina/Bouba

Sarabia/Forbes
Cunha/R.Gomes/Chiquinho
Larsen/Hwang/Guedes

I can't see how one of Chiquinho or Guedes are still here if this Forbes deal goes through.
Such a flexible squad. What great management.

I still think there's a good keeper in Matty, but man oh man does he need to fix whatever fucked him up at Forest.

Hate to see a guy completely fall apart in the face of the opportunity they've worked so hard for.
Watched him a few times for the Revolution and he's nowhere near good enough at Prem level. Same as Zach Steffan. Both very overrated by their country man. Div 3 level in England. Last good keeper in America was Howard.

Watched him a few times for the Revolution and he's nowhere near good enough at Prem level. Same as Zach Steffan. Both very overrated by their country man. Div 3 level in England. Last good keeper in America was Howard.
God, you talk a lot of shit about American soccer for someone who clearly knows fuck all about it.

Also, *Zack *Steffen.

Plays both sides and is HG from his time at Man City. Supposedly a great talent but struggled at Ajax last season Though many are saying that plenty struggled as Ajax is a bit of a basket case atm.

Plays both sides and is HG from his time at Man City. Supposedly a great talent but struggled at Ajax last season Though many are saying that plenty struggled as Ajax is a bit of a basket case atm.
Ajax are absolutely a hot mess.

He got 20+ goals for City in the Premier League U21 league in his final year there.

Think I still would have preferred Whittaker. If the plan is to go 4-3-3 then Cunha will be coming inside off the left and Whittaker would have done that off the right.

Maybe Gaz doesn't want two players doing that and meeting in the middle, making all our play with the wingers a bit narrow and predictable, and wants one to be able to go outside more often than not to stretch the defences a bit.

Back