• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Also, I still don’t mind the decision to not bring in a forward last January. It played out poorly but we survived. But I also don’t think we would have been in a position to compete for Europe unless we’d bought one, he immediately hit, and we stayed healthy.

Of course, given hindsight, the reasons for the club’s decision to buy no one were not what I would have hoped them to be.

There, I’m back to being daft and balance is restored.
In all likelihood I'd have had a trip to Wembley though, which would have meant a lot

Cunha wasn't great after arriving in January, but he was better for it when the next season started, and last January was a tad different with the other issues around striker and injury and what that lead too meaning even a struggling to adjust senior striker would probably have been a step up.

Also, I still don’t mind the decision to not bring in a forward last January. It played out poorly but we survived. But I also don’t think we would have been in a position to compete for Europe unless we’d bought one, he immediately hit, and we stayed healthy.

Of course, given hindsight, the reasons for the club’s decision to buy no one were not what I would have hoped them to be.

There, I’m back to being daft and balance is restored.
"But we survived"

To suggest anyone was even of the mindset we could go down at that point is wrong?

We should have signed one to bolster our FA Cup squad and to give us a shot at Europe, needing one to stay up was never, ever a question?

Last edited:
In all likelihood I'd have had a trip to Wembley though, which would have meant a lot
Yeah… there is that.

We played so poorly in that match (outside of the 10ish minute stretch we scored during) that I don’t know we win it regardless, but yeah. Fair call out.

Kilman caused more problems than he solved, most people will not miss him.

Us then refusing to use that money sensibly is a separate (indefensible) issue, there's no sense in conflating two different points.

If we don't sign a centre half, we'll still comfortably stay up.

But their inability or unwillingness to spend £20m on a Premier League centre back doesn't mean that they don't exist.

We could easily have replaced Max Kilman. We're not going to because one or both of Shi and Hobbs are fucking useless.

If we don't sign a centre half, we'll still comfortably stay up.

But their inability or unwillingness to spend £20m on a Premier League centre back doesn't mean that they don't exist.

We could easily have replaced Max Kilman. We're not going to because one or both of Shi and Hobbs are fucking useless.
Still willing to keep Hobbs as a separate concern, personally. We've identified some good players with him; (I think) Mosquera, Gomes, (hopefully) Gomes 2, Lemina, Neto... Whiffs, too, but IMV those are inevitable to an extent.

Dunno if it does us any good either way; if Fosun sell, Hobbs will probably move on or be forced to by a new regime.

It's serious business mate.
It's not a serious business here, it's a forum full of individual opinions and discussion, formed from news gleaned from the press, twitter, and the ITK boys.
If i knew all the opinions on here were based on fact i'd probobally be in a permanent depression,
but they're not, so getting up on my roof and fixing the holes caused by a massive forest fire in temps of 44c is so much more to worry about.

Nonsense link Calvin Stengs on the scoresheet for Feyenoord today, the bastard.

It's not a serious business here, it's a forum full of individual opinions and discussion, formed from news gleaned from the press, twitter, and the ITK boys.
If i knew all the opinions on here were based on fact i'd probobally be in a permanent depression,
but they're not, so getting up on my roof and fixing the holes caused by a massive forest fire in temps of 44c is so much more to worry about.
Random. It was sarcasm.

However, there are a lot of people on here who talk as though their opinion is fact, and it annoys me.

Yep, we'll have to be. It suits our squad and/or our better players far better.

It covers up the deficiencies of our defenders rather than suit our better players. The midfield drops deeper leaving Cunha, Hwang and Larsen isolated.

Only one of those can carry the ball effectively. Heaven forbid Cunha gets injured, we're back to Lage ball and can't score in an instant.

Back