• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

In fairness, the club’s preference for him could have been as much about perceived cheapness as footballing ability.

Which isn’t a defense in the least, really.
Their valuations are out though, because at least 2 other teams think he's worth £15m. I don't think he meant to but GON inferred yesterday we have to win every negotiation. That's naive, cheap and the pathway to failure. Hopefully there's someone better for a fee they deem appropriate around the corner

Their valuations are out though, because at least 2 other teams think he's worth £15m. I don't think he meant to but GON inferred yesterday we have to win every negotiation. That's naive, cheap and the pathway to failure. Hopefully there's someone better for a fee they deem appropriate around the corner

If we’re looking at spending £10m on a new first choice centre back, I think I’d rather not bother.

£10m is not going to buy us anything much better than what we’ve got - and if the going rate for someone as shit as O’Shea is £15m, then I think I’m out.

If we’re looking at spending £10m on a new first choice centre back, I think I’d rather not bother.

£10m is not going to buy us anything much better than what we’ve got - and if the going rate for someone as shit as O’Shea is £15m, then I think I’m out.
If you are shopping domestically and Kilman gets you £40m, then O'Shea at 15 is about right. The answer should be outside these shores, but we have squad number issues with that at the moment and don't need another dud like Bueno

There are good players out there. It shouldn't have to be this shit.

If you are shopping domestically and Kilman gets you £40m, then O'Shea at 15 is about right. The answer should be outside these shores, but we have squad number issues with that at the moment and don't need another dud like Bueno
If our supposed long-term rumoured target of Elvedi was available for just £10mil, I'm so confused as to why we haven't just gone for that, get what we need in and then think about what we can do regarding homegrown surely.

If our supposed long-term rumoured target of Elvedi was available for just £10mil, I'm so confused as to why we haven't just gone for that, get what we need in and then think about what we can do regarding homegrown surely.
It would appear to come down to whether we think he's worth £10m or think paying a buy out clause isn’t a win. If we arbitrarily think 8, we won't pay 10.

There are good players out there. It shouldn't have to be this shit.

I don’t doubt for one minute that you’re right.

Definitely doesn’t look like we’re going the right way about trying to find them, though.

I think Shi is dictating the finances but I also have very little confidence that Matt Hobbs knows what he's doing either in terms of identifying realistic and suitable targets. At the top levels of the club we are a fucking mess.

Because we want him for five.

The quality of the player doesn't matter, it's the underpayment vs market value they judge themselves on

I think Shi is dictating the finances but I also have very little confidence that Matt Hobbs knows what he's doing either in terms of identifying realistic and suitable targets. At the top levels of the club we are a fucking mess.
I think Hobbs has a talent at spotting the likes of Gomes and it was him that took the punt on a lad we sold for £40m this summer.
Not every one of that type will work out though.
Probably restricted when it comes to looking at players that are "oven ready". Guess he would love to pop a £30m bid in for a Wissa or similar but doesn't seem to be a budget for it so we get what appears to be the dregs of the market that can be purchased for less than £15m

Mental that a fee of say £13m is generally classed as nothing these days.

I'll say it again, and stamp my feet.

But I thought we could replace Kilman for half the price of what we sold him!?

Back