• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Lack of relegation in the blood is my theory
More like having a single trade deadline 2/3 of way thru a season and the ability to add players whenever you need them not just during 1 month

I agree with what you're all saying. I just see some of the players that are being mentioned now and don't see how they are going to fit or actually play during a game. By next summer Wolves will try to offload these players and take a loss. In my happy world I see Wolves 8th or 9th come January and there is $30-50M to spend on players who will make a difference, and we can entice with a possibility for Europe the following year.

More like having a single trade deadline 2/3 of way thru a season and the ability to add players whenever you need them not just during 1 month

I agree with what you're all saying. I just see some of the players that are being mentioned now and don't see how they are going to fit or actually play during a game. By next summer Wolves will try to offload these players and take a loss. In my happy world I see Wolves 8th or 9th come January and there is $30-50M to spend on players who will make a difference, and we can entice with a possibility for Europe the following year.
Fwiw, the closest I’ve ever come to being in England is getting drinks at the Irish pub on North Tryon.

Shout outs to Ri Ra’s.

David Carmo to Forest, immediately loaned out to Olympiakos. Bullet dodged.
Ridiculous how clubs are allowed to get away with such blatant transfer and financial chicanery, between two clubs of similar stature and the same owner.

Ridiculous how clubs are allowed to get away with such blatant transfer and financial chicanery, between two clubs of similar stature and the same owner.
Definitely shouldn't be allowed to do any business between two clubs from the same ownership.

Just like PSR.

Everton struggling to field a squad this weekend with 14 players. Chelsea have a squad of 42 players. Only one of those teams have been deducted points.
Pretty fucking wild to have it laid out in that way.

I've no sympathy for Everton whatsoever, they're in a mess completely of their own making.

However Chelsea being able to completely game the system should be stopped also.

The Premier League should be fucking embarrassed of themselves. People have stopped trying to be sly when they take the piss, they're just being offensively blatant with it. InterCo loans, transfer fee merry-go-rounds, 10 year contracts, inflating fees and sponsorships...they're not just having the piss ripped out of them, they're being completely and utterly humiliated. If I was Masters I'd be suspending people from the league while investigations take place. There are plenty of 'spirit of the game/disrepute' type rules even if it's not spelled out in fraud or accounting rules. Make an example out of some of these cunts

I've no sympathy for Everton whatsoever, they're in a mess completely of their own making.

However Chelsea being able to completely game the system should be stopped also.
Absolutely, both should be slapped; the double standard in Chelsea’s favor is appalling but doesn’t excuse Everton.

Back