• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I don't for one moment think this will happen or that this scenario is remotely realistic, but at this point if we sold Sa and pulled in Ramsdale, Trippier and Sterling I think we'd have enough in the tank to consolidate this season.

Ramsdale aside zero future value too.

Gaz "not interested" in discussing individual names and speculation. Important thing is the valuation of where we see each player and what we can do on that front. Didn't discuss Dara or Ramsdale.

Said the recruitment team have been working hard since the window opened and continue to do so.

Doesn't sound very positive if I'm honest.

I don't for one moment think this will happen or that this scenario is remotely realistic, but at this point if we sold Sa and pulled in Ramsdale, Trippier and Sterling I think we'd have enough in the tank to consolidate this season.

Agreed.

Add Ivan Toney and Joe Gomez in there and we might even nick a Europa place.

Messi might be interested in a paid as you play contract too, if we ask really nicely.

"we can do stuff between now and the end of the transfer window but it just needs to fit for the football team and club. I've not heard any set budgets or figures that we're working to and I tried to keep myself away from the outside noise as much as possible"

re homegrown numbers; "me and matt are always talking about that and are aware of it. We've signed a lot of players from all over the world and they've come together and created a real good squad. Premier league experience and homegrown talent is important to us but most important thing is the team and how they fit in with that"

I'm ok if no new players arrive by end of window. That would give us money to spend in January when we would know for sure what position needs upgrading or more depth. Those windows usually find somebody who can step in right away and make a difference...

Cunha, Lemina, Sarabia, Dawson, Joao Gomes all in '23

We only had that splurge because we were bottom of the league though. You wouldn't want to do that.

Typically we do very little or even nothing in January. This year we managed to loan out two first team forwards and not replace them.

Messi might be interested in a paid as you play contract too, if we ask really nicely.
Don’t even joke, Shi would move the club to Miami-Dade to make that happen.

I'm ok if no new players arrive by end of window. That would give us money to spend in January when we would know for sure what position needs upgrading or more depth. Those windows usually find somebody who can step in right away and make a difference...

Cunha, Lemina, Sarabia, Dawson, Joao Gomes all in '23
What is it with Americans and a version of this line? Always the next window

Gaz "not interested" in discussing individual names and speculation. Important thing is the valuation of where we see each player and what we can do on that front. Didn't discuss Dara or Ramsdale.

Said the recruitment team have been working hard since the window opened and continue to do so.

Doesn't sound very positive if I'm honest.
Kind of important what value the selling club have as well!
No point valuing O'Shea at £13m if Burnley and Ipswich do at £15m.
We can parade our not overpaying trophy at the first weekend of the Championship season next year. Not every negotiation has to be a win an overpayment of a few million could save us a lot more in the medium term.

Not that I think we will get Ramsdale as for us its not just a straight loan or transfer, its a moving on a keeper as well but Bournemouth appear to have Kepa as their no1 target now.

Back