• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

We seem to be trying to replace him for a quarter of the money tbf so that might be the issue.

I'll say it again, and stamp my feet.

But I thought we could replace Kilman for half the price of what we sold him!?
We could definitely pay £20m for a decent enough CB for our level.

They won't though as they see that as a failure in the "we've got to get one over on every club we do business with" mentality.

When you read something said with such arrogant confidence for so long, it sticks when it clearly was never going to be the case. Particularly with our rulers.
I don’t think many (if any) here actually expected it.

It’s irrelevant to the point that a Prem club can do it. We’re simply choosing not to.

When you read something said with such arrogant confidence for so long, it sticks when it clearly was never going to be the case. Particularly with our rulers.
It doesn't stop the premise being true though. We could have done, they choose not to. They aren't knocking £40m back, we aren't spending £20m. Fosun is where you should be focusing your attention rather than some misguided and irrelevant forum point scoring.

Are you joking?
Have you been reading just posts about Kilman and none about Fosun/Shi/Hobbs?

The faith in the club getting something right (or even okay-ish) is at an extreme ebb.

Tony has been telling me for over a year that my optimism about this window specifically was misplaced. Guess who looks the fool?

It doesn't stop the premise being true though. We could have done, they choose not to. They aren't knocking £40m back, we aren't spending £20m. Fosun is where you should be focusing your attention rather than some misguided and irrelevant forum point scoring.
Fuck me, it was the ridiculous, misguided forum point scoring that made those conversations so OTT in the first place, you've clearly forgotten how tedious they were.

If it WAS so easy to replace Kilman for 20mill, even Fosun would manage it.

As has been the case with so many opinions of players down the years, the players who are regular fixtures in the side are never "easy" to replace, whether it's Raul, Coady, Saiss or even bloody Ryan Bennett.

Have you been reading just posts about Kilman and none about Fosun/Shi/Hobbs?

The faith in the club getting something right (or even okay-ish) is at an extreme ebb.

Tony has been telling me for over a year that my optimism about this window specifically was misplaced. Guess who looks the fool?
I think you've forgotten me telling you how daft you were back in January when you were OK with us not signing a striker too.

Or earlier in the summer that actually, as fans we'd be far better off trying to keep Neto, Kilman, RAN, Gomes as we won't go anywhere near replacing them.

I think you've forgotten me telling you how daft you were back in January when you were OK with us not signing a striker too.

Or earlier in the summer that actually, as fans we'd be far better off trying to keep Neto, Kilman, RAN, Gomes as we won't go anywhere near replacing them.
Christ, who’d admit a wrong to you?

Have fun, ain’t me on the daft side of things today.

Fuck me, it was the ridiculous, misguided forum point scoring that made those conversations so OTT in the first place, you've clearly forgotten how tedious they were.

If it WAS so easy to replace Kilman for 20mill, even Fosun would manage it.

As has been the case with so many opinions of players down the years, the players who are regular fixtures in the side are never "easy" to replace, whether it's Raul, Coady, Saiss or even bloody Ryan Bennett.
2 completely different discussions. It was time to move every one of those players on. Anyone who said so was correct. Most also said they had zero confidence in Fosun doing so, particularly post Covid. Not sure what victory you are looking for here?

Also, I still don’t mind the decision to not bring in a forward last January. It played out poorly but we survived. But I also don’t think we would have been in a position to compete for Europe unless we’d bought one, he immediately hit, and we stayed healthy.

Of course, given hindsight, the reasons for the club’s decision to buy no one were not what I would have hoped them to be.

There, I’m back to being daft and balance is restored.

Back