• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Hey just to change the heat in here…

Anyone remember the time I said we didn’t know for sure if Bully would have been good in the top flight?

It covers up the deficiencies of our defenders rather than suit our better players. The midfield drops deeper leaving Cunha, Hwang and Larsen isolated.

Only one of those can carry the ball effectively. Heaven forbid Cunha gets injured, we're back to Lage ball and can't score in an instant.
It suits RAN much more and he is one of our better players. It was him in particular I had in mind.

Also I'd feel happier with Dawson, Toti and Mosquera as a trio rather than 2 of those 3.

It seems unlikely we will sign a CB that is suitable.

Not half as much as your petty point scoring and weird hills to die on infuriate everyone else
Which "weird" hills to die on?

That Kilman isn't actually as bad as he is perceived to be? (We just sold him for 40mill..)

And that we won't "easily" replace him.

Or that Doherty has been a pretty good player for us?

Those three opinions that arent really controversial to the majority of Wolves fans or non Wolves fans seem to have upset people on here for a long while or short while.

Those three opinions that arent really controversial to the majority of Wolves fans or non Wolves fans seem to have upset people on here for a long while or short while.
This is kind of TWF's whole thing, though? People here have known they weren't in lockstep with your "average" supporter from the moment I first googled the place.

We'd probably be on the Mix otherwise.

This is kind of TWF's whole thing, though? People here have known they weren't in lockstep with your "average" supporter from the moment I first googled the place.

We'd probably be on the Mix otherwise.
TWFs thing is to have extreme views that aren't in keeping with the majority?

TWFs thing is to have extreme views that aren't in keeping with the majority?
That's certainly a perspective you could have on it. 😂

IIRC the founding group here was literally an exodus from MM. Because sometimes the views of the majority are grating as fuck.

And hey, find me any Wolves fan on any forum who doesn't think Cunha is hot sauce? There's plenty we're not weird about.

Yes… yes, that’s exactly why I loaded up on Sunderland players, too…

• Haha
Reactions: b3h

That Kilman isn't actually as bad as he is perceived to be? (We just sold him for 40mill..)

It was said that using half the cash we got, Kilman could be easily replaced. I stand by that. However, Jeff the overlord has decided in all his wisdom that the budget is less than that for all our recruitment. So now he becomes more challenging to replace. With a £20m budget for one player, I am still 100% certain you could do a lot better than captain wow.

The fact that West Ham were dumb enough to spend £40m on Kilman doesn't suddenly make him Franco Baresi.

Imo Jeff doesn't see any difference between 8th, 10th or 17th and that's what's driving our transfer strategy. Hobbs will always fall in line as long as he's able to keep playing with his South American scouting reports.

For the most part people aren't being being that weird.

Kilman is an average EPL CB, just not a standout one or remotely captaincy material. We sold him to rival with HG tax inflating his value. Anyone calling him Championship level would get rightly disagreed with imo.

We won't replace him because of Fosun, and *their* transfer strategy. It's a separate issue to Kilman's perceived worth and ability. I think the people on this forum can see that. Dawson's fee wa £4M? Anywhere between that and £20M could surely be used to get someone effective. Santi gamble cost £10M...

Doherty was exceptional briefly (well 2 seasons?) and an average to below-average backup before and since. His career arc is weird, but will go down as a servant of the club, regardless of what people think.

I probably should be tbf
At least you get a warm welcome on the Mix, even if its run by a control freak.

Kilman will be missed I think, I fear that we are much weaker defensively at present. Hope that assessment is wrong though.

Back