• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Quite.

Without tooting my horn I'm quite a prominent poster on here. Did I care when I disagreed with pretty much everyone on Lage? No. He was a fucking berk.
Changed your tune. You were Lage in 30 months ago…

Yes , and early signs are promising for Yerson , but it did take the two different loans for his development to flourish .

Does not always work that well , in fact , it rarely does .
Fwiw Yerson was immediately a cut (or two) above in MLS. He’s the real thing if he keeps his head.

Been pointed out before but he was in line for senior squad prior to getting injured; IIRC the loan to FCC came after.

Means nothing with regard to this lad from Nantes tho. He’ll be the player he is, either good enough or not.

Fwiw Yerson was immediately a cut (or two) above in MLS. He’s the real thing if he keeps his head.

Been pointed out before but he was in line for senior squad prior to getting injured; IIRC the loan to FCC came after.
Let's not forget that Lage had him on the bench with Toti and popped Neves and Jonny into the back 3 with Max

The young French lad isn’t going to feature in our starting 11 this season - unless something goes hideously wrong with injuries/suspensions. He’ll be “in the first team squad”, but let’s not kid ourselves that someone with 8 minutes of senior football experience will be readymade for regular PL football from the off. I suspect that’s why we’re after Mr. 6”1 as well, as he’s a bit more “oven ready”. Then Santi (who’s been another massive waste of money) will get loaned out, I assume.

The young French lad isn’t going to feature in our starting 11 this season - unless something goes hideously wrong with injuries/suspensions. He’ll be “in the first team squad”, but let’s not kid ourselves that someone with 8 minutes of senior football experience will be readymade for regular PL football from the off. I suspect that’s why we’re after Mr. 6”1 as well. Then Santi (who’s been another massive waste of money) will get loaned out, I assume.
Is anyone kidding themselves on here over this one?
Seems to be accepted that he will drop into the 5th choice slot and is very much one for the future.
Just a matter of whether it's Santi, O'Shea etc that keeps him there.

The young French lad isn’t going to feature in our starting 11 this season - unless something goes hideously wrong with injuries/suspensions. He’ll be “in the first team squad”, but let’s not kid ourselves that someone with 8 minutes of senior football experience will be readymade for regular PL football from the off. I suspect that’s why we’re after Mr. 6”1 as well, as he’s a bit more “oven ready”. Then Santi (who’s been another massive waste of money) will get loaned out, I assume.
I think Lima is the same bar Cups. If he's not making the bench when Semedo is suspended, he's not really in the manager's thinking.

I think Lima is the same bar Cups. If he's not making the bench when Semedo is suspended, he's not really in the manager's thinking.
Think Lima will get closer as the season progresses.
Massive move for him so the first months will all be about settling in.

Obligatory YouTube video with contractual shite music. He looks very left footed. That right legs just for standing on!

Think Lima will get closer as the season progresses.
Massive move for him so the first months will all be about settling in.
I hope he does as ideally he's starting next season assuming Semedo is off. Unless you are one of Deutsch's weird Twitter followers who says 23 year old, 1k per week Hoever is highly rated by GON

Look at £5M on Enso González last summer. Enormous waste of money in the context of last season really.
I guess it all depends on whether that spend is at the expense of first team players. Eg did we not pay the extra money for Dia because of the £5m on González? I don't know the answer, because the available spend is so arbitrary, not based on any real financial logic and at Shi's / Fosuns whim. Maybe lottery ticket signings don't come from the main budget?

£5m + Euro Qualification add on @£10m. Easy.

That would be a real shame if we didn't meet their valuation...

Back