• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I don't disagree, I think there's probably more persuasive logic than "just ignore the failure" though.

We need to take some sort of lesson from Sarabia regardless of how much other clubs are spending on wages.
I didn't say "just ignore the failure" I was asking the question of, if something fails once do you then just give up and stop trying something similar in future? The answer is obviously no, we can and should try to learn lessons but going down that road shouldn't be scrapped for ever on the sample size of 1

That's a bit nebulous isn't it? More things affected that fee than just his wages.
Such as? We got him at a discounted price as PSG wanted him off their books, he wouldnt take a pay reduction and we couldn't afford the salary and the transfer fee which would have been consistent with his profile. Same principle as to why we never get anyone to pay a loan for Silva and his wages.

Moutinho was on £100k a week, but so was Patricio when he joined and Raul not long afterwards. It wasn't an outlier in the way Sarabia's supposedly is.

Such as? We got him at a discounted price as PSG wanted him off their books, he wouldnt take a pay reduction and we couldn't afford the salary and the transfer fee which would have been consistent with his profile.

Moutinho was on £100k a week, but so was Patricio when he joined and Raul not long afterwards. It wasn't an outlier in the way Sarabia's supposedly is.
He was 31, no longer in the plans at PSG full stop, has never really been tremendously productive...

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got him and would rather have him than not, but in terms of his profile there's not a lot that justifies having him in the same pay bracket as Moutinho was, IMV.

He was 31, no longer in the plans at PSG full stop, has never really been tremendously productive...

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we got him and would rather have him than not, but in terms of his profile there's not a lot that justifies having him in the same pay bracket as Moutinho was.
...but he already was, that's the point really

You've lost me.
Just think we're not going to see this the same way so no real point continuing to make it an issue. Wouldn't be productive.

Your perspective is the more realistic, can't deny that.

Stoke in for Cundle. Offered 500k....told to do one at that price.

It's always amazed me when 2 teams end up so far apart on their valuation. How have Stoke come to the conclusion that £500K would be an acceptable opening bid?
Using the Arsenal valuation scale I think

Maybe it's a lowball but 4 mill is also overs too. But they're we're also quibbling over thousands irt to Bentley so 🤷‍♂️

Back