• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

I didn't think we'd be in that bracket either tbh, though the net spend at the end if the window. Spending c€50m on players before the end of June is welcome, but if they end up replacing Neto, Cunha and RAN for €120m then it's not a good window
Agreed, and part of me dreads that we might be putting up the money now with the intention of entirely recouping it later this window.

If we sell Cunha I will fucking lose my shit.

Cunha won’t be going anywhere, we’d be asking way more than anybody would pay even if there was any interest.

That's the chap. Looked like a complete donkey
Hasn't he done well after January? Was surprised myself when saw that.

I'd feel better about budget Haaland if he wasn't being bought at a non-budget price, but not writing him off of course.

The club though, getting whiplash from all the changes in their transfer policies and whether they're crying poor or things are actually OK? The wind changes less.

So - who will we sell to pay for all these new players ? I think we'll buy more .

I'm talking now about first team players and not referring to Fabio or Cundle etc .

RAN , Neto , Semedo , Kilman .

Simply cannot see us selling all four for starters . It would of course bring in huge money , but you'd be starting from scratch building a team again and that's not easy .

Kilman - yes , that looks quite likely at this point .
Neto - I think his injury record will tell against him in terms of big clubs looking for him , and he will probably only leave to go to an Arsenal or similar . One strong season free of injury would strengthen his position and that possibility might keep him here .
Semedo - strong possibility that he will leave I think . He's at the right age and playing as well as he ever did .
RAN - Hard to know . I think we will try and keep him , try to convince him to stay , maybe offer him a new deal and so on .

So for me - it's 2 out of 4 big names .

I wouldn't rule Gomes out if he continues to start in the Copa America and Brazil do well.

I agree on your reasons why logically Neto won't go, but feel Mendes has something planned for him so he will. Maybe we get over the odds for Fabio that facilitates him going?

I think it will be Kilman and Neto, possibly Sa.
My worry is Semedo might go, who do we find to replace him when we've just spent money on an up and coming youngster in Lima.

I wouldn't rule Gomes out if he continues to start in the Copa America and Brazil do well.

I agree on your reasons why logically Neto won't go, but feel Mendes has something planned for him so he will. Maybe we get over the odds for Fabio that facilitates him going?
Aye, where Jorge is involved you can't just judge any single transfer unfortunately, if he ends up getting good money for Fabio and Podence etc.

Although I do have a nagging in my mind that we already the favour last Summer with the fees he got for Neves and Nunes, and it's this Summer where we pay him back.

Aye, where Jorge is involved you can't just judge any single transfer unfortunately, if he ends up getting good money for Fabio and Podence etc.

Although I do have a nagging in my mind that we already the favour last Summer with the fees he got for Neves and Nunes, and it's this Summer where we pay him back.
I think the opposite on those.

He got paid very handsomely for those deals and now owes us.

He gets paid handsomely whether we're getting or giving the favour tbf. We got c£30m more than we should imo

Totally forgot about Sa , but then we'll need a replacement lined up first , and that's not straightforward .

Absolutely no way Cunha goes anywhere this summer. He’s too important on and off the pitch - and let’s not forget, was a big reason behind why Lima signed for us if the reports are to be believed.

Jorge will have something lined up for Neto & Lop will probably end up striking a deal for Kilman. I suspect with those two and the other bits & bobs of business we can get done (Fabio, Cundle etc) we’ll be in a pretty strong position with the other assets. Wouldn’t be surprised to see someone like Sarabia go too.

(Joao) Gomes, RAN, Cunha & Semedo are all too valuable for us on the pitch to be sold IMO.

The whole Fabio story still has a bit to go . It was a crazy story at the beginning , paying so much for a player in his late teens with nothing more than potential .
Wouldn't it be just mad if Uncle Jorge could swing a deal in Saudi , or anywhere for that matter , which nets over something like 10 million or thereabouts .

Back