• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the latter two are primarily going to be centre halves/cover for centre halves ?

You would think so, but then both can play in midfield too so plenty of cover if needs be.

I wonder if Kurzawa is the marque signing.

Naaah
Look at the quality. We'll pass and move round everyone.

Think Spiers was saying something this week that Neves' brief during preseason training has been to work on his tackling, so would be even less of a worry if he's improved that side of his game.

Up to Morrisons to get some beers in for the morning. I think this could be our best deadline day ever.

Think Spiers was saying something this week that Neves' brief during preseason training has been to work on his tackling, so would be even less of a worry if he's improved that side of his game.

I think his brief would be "dont pick up so many fucking pointless yellows" this season please Rubey

Surely the latter two are primarily going to be centre halves/cover for centre halves ?

By the sounds of things Dendoncker could perhaps give you some flexibility depending on the oppositon, he may primarily be used as the right sided centre back if he's been playing mainly in defence recently but then for tougher games he could come into midfield and have Bennett return to the fold so there's a bit more solidity in midfield.

Maybe against the big teams you’ll see only one of neves or moutinho starting then?

As I can’t see he formation changing too much to much throughout the season . Unless you drop one of the front 3 to play another centre mid against the top teams

As I can’t see he formation changing too much to much throughout the season . Unless you drop one of the front 3 to play another centre mid against the top teams

The only change we make we ill be like we did at the City game in the Cup last year - Our WB's will simply sit closer to the defence, the midfield and forward line will stay the same.

By the sounds of things Dendoncker could perhaps give you some flexibility depending on the oppositon, he may primarily be used as the right sided centre back if he's been playing mainly in defence recently but then for tougher games he could come into midfield and have Bennett return to the fold so there's a bit more solidity in midfield.
Mark are you going to start supporting Wolves this season or are you still our impartial observer?

Maybe against the big teams you’ll see only one of neves or moutinho starting then?

Always a possibility although looking at preseason I think Nuno's intention is to at least try to make Neves and Moutinho work as a pair full time. With Saiss and possibly Dendoncker, however, we definitely have more "agricultural" options should we feel we need them.

I'd think Zinchenko would be intended mainly for cm as well. If we are doing a slight change of approach in terms of the types of midfielders with a more attacking Moutinho alongside Neves we'd ideally want a roughly equivalent player as backup, MGW being a bit too raw to be relied upon just yet. He will know he's not necessarily first choice but will still get plenty of game time in the course of the season and crucially in his preferred position. Then it's of course always nice to have emergency backup at lwb

The only change we make we ill be like we did at the City game in the Cup last year - Our WB's will simply sit closer to the defence, the midfield and forward line will stay the same.

Tbf Nuno did stick Alfred as a weird false 9 at points last year so he has form for going strikerless (albeit briefly).

Tbf Nuno did stick Alfred as a weird false 9 at points last year so he has form for going strikerless (albeit briefly).

Obviously I meant from the start. As games progress changes will be made if needed. We had Cav at LWB, Costa at RWB etc last season as we tried to break teams down

Stretching a point, Cav played at wingback more than Alf played there and I don't expect that to happen very often.

Mark are you going to start supporting Wolves this season or are you still our impartial observer?

Take a yellow son for not warning me before you come out with a line like that.

Dog now wearing second hand beer!

Brilliant!!!!

I don't think I'll ever support any team again, Wolves certainly seem to be beefing up the squad though so a fair chance they can continue last season's good football into the Premier League, looks like there will be plenty of opportunity to watch the games given the early TV scheduling too. Probably have them second on my list behind Liverpool on my interest list for viewing so far, was intrigued by Sarri going to Chelsea as his Napoli team were a really good watch last year but think they're going to struggle to match that style.

Stretching a point, Cav played at wingback more than Alf played there and I don't expect that to happen very often.

That being more of a personnel change than a formation change, though.

Point being that playing with a sort of three man midfield in a kind of 3-5-2 isn't something totally alien to Nuno or the team at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back