• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be on the phone to carvalho straight away. Everton shouldn't be much more appealing than us

I know Carvalho has had a stellar reputation for ages but every time I see him he looks anonymous at best and downright bad at worst.

I like how he dared more players to cancel their contract and the players were like, Ok...

They guy is a nut job, It´ll take years for Sporting to get back up after a major blow like this.

Curious to see where this 3 will end up, any of them is a fantastic talent. I personally think that Fernandes have the best potential of the lot.

I know Carvalho has had a stellar reputation for ages but every time I see him he looks anonymous at best and downright bad at worst.
I remember him being linked with Arsenal quite a while back, as generally happens with defensive midfielders such is their glaring need for one, but ever since I've been aware of him I've not seen him have a good game.

He's stagnated for a long time now. Turned into a right plodder. He's looked more Jon Obi Mikel than anything else when I've seen him in the last couple of years.

He's stagnated for a long time now. Turned into a right plodder. He's looked more Jon Obi Mikel than anything else when I've seen him in the last couple of years.

It´s just that he needs a more competitive team then Sporting, he reached the level he could reach for them, same happened for Moutinho everyone was saying after some seasons that he was just a regular player who ran a lot did everything Ok but was not particularly good in anything, then Porto signed him and he immediately stepped up, no one was doubting him any more even after just a couple of months. I believe the same will be true for William but IMO the thing that will stop him from being the best one of the best midfielders in the world is his speed, he´s just too slow for a top league, that´s also why I like Danilo more than him but I´m biased, apart from that he´s class.

The player I would most want from Sporting is Gelson Martins. He was the standout player for me when I saw them play Olympiakos. Lightning fast, mazy dribbling skills and puts in a good cross. Would be an amazing signing for us.

Bruno Fernandes is the one to get. Sadly, absolutely no chance as he is going to end up somewhere really top end.

Any of them would be good signing.

This case is a screw up of epic proportions. And it won't end here.

If Sporting then relies on their usual legal team, who have a tendency to lose, they are in for a major loss.

Patrício will be defended by the best Portuguese labour lawyers.

The president will have to go soon, surely?
Doubtful.

Lots of supporters, especially the organized groups, are with him. Many of those are treating the players as a group of spoiled brats who can't deal with a public critic from the president, who, they say, is their boss.

Its more akin to a cult than a football club.

Had a trial at Huddersfield I think

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back