• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

Even fucking coaches are younger than me now! 😩

Still got issues to work out at the back, but shit, I'll take it however it comes.

Not needing to play a mummified right back at left back (love ya, Afful, but it's time to hang 'em up) would be a start.

The effort from Copetti for the Gaines chance @1:18ish made me fucking scream with joy. Love that shit. Adama, take notes.

Nathan Byrne putting in the sort of performance that would get you kicked off your rec team, albeit as a centerback (which is a decision that deserves its own kicking).

Finished CLT 1-1 NYRB but we were largely poor. Lattanzio’s tactics are still bizarre.

Highlights later so we can watch Byrne’s “Zubar + limp noodle” act.

Nathan Byrne putting in the sort of performance that would get you kicked off your rec team, albeit as a centerback (which is a decision that deserves its own kicking).
Byrne as a centre back? Ffs

Byrne as a centre back? Ffs
We’re short of any good options right now tbh. Corujo is almost back from a pretty catastrophic knee injury, and Tuiloma has been a bombscare so far.

You’ll see shortly how well Byrne at CB worked out. He’s not been popular amongst supporters this season.

EDIT: Removed the vid to save space.

Speaking of highlights…

You’ll probably note that we somehow got away with two or three straight reds.

Edit: they don’t show the full breadth of Byrne’s fuckup which is disappointing.

Last edited:

Much better highlights, these. Weird.

Decent away point for Charlotte last night, came back from 2-0 down to draw 2-2. Chaotic game due in no small part to the absurd wind gusts which you could argue played a significant part in all 4 goals (not a coincidence that all were scored at the same end).

We're a weird side; with the ball we look very capable but as soon as it turns over we continue to be totally lost, leaving gaps that a side more athletic than Toronto would have been able to punish. Equally, we missed a few sitters (poor Nuno Santos responsible for two of them), so could/should have scored 4+.

Still, coming back from down 2 goals away from home is never a bad result when the final whistle blows.

Also, Kamil Jozwiak actually scored!

The winning run is up to 9. This is insane. Beat Jahn Regensburg 1-0 at home.

Up to 4th and six points behind HSV in 3rd (would you believe it, they've shat the bed towards the end of the season. I am shocked to the core).

Surely, surely not...

So win 20 I expect will come against Bayern, then.

I haven't checked but it must be close to club record territory now.

For the avoidance of doubt I would not expect us to win a playoff against whoever finishes 16th. It's seven points plus goal difference to Heidenheim in 2nd.

They themselves have never played in the Bundesliga and had never been as high as 2.Bundesliga until 2014.

Argh, I dislike the Bundesliga playoff system.

HSV have already un-unrelegatable'd themselves, just dispense with the shenanigans now.

The playoffs came back in for the 2008/09 season (between 1991 and 2008 it was a straight three up/three down).

Since then only Nürnberg (08/09), Düsseldorf (11/12) and Union Berlin (18/19) have gone up.

Playoffs in any league are a nightmare which is why my second team (Woking) need to get past Chesterfield for third in the National League (no point worrying about the other 2 above us as they are so far ahead their uncatchable).

Gets rid of one of the playoff games if you do & only have 1 more to get to the final for the 2nd promotion place to League 2. - it's a lottery as 7th can beat 2nd in any one off game.

Yeah, we live in a weird reality over here; everyone knows that the Supporters' Shield (most points over the season) is probably the trophy that indicates the best team on the season, but we remember the MLS Cup winner way more than the Shield winner.

They come nowhere near Wolves but if I had a second club it would probably be Swansea City because my stepfather supports them and I have been to a fair few Swansea games.

This weekend they won the derby away to Cardiff with a 99th minute winner which completes the double over them. Last season Swansea for the first time ever in the history of the South Wales Derby did the double over Cardiff, so doing it twice in a row is a momentous achievement. Cardiff really are shit these days - those four wins have all come against a different Cardiff manager as well.

They come nowhere near Wolves but if I had a second club it would probably be Swansea City because my stepfather supports them and I have been to a fair few Swansea games.

This weekend they won the derby away to Cardiff with a 99th minute winner which completes the double over them. Last season Swansea for the first time ever in the history of the South Wales Derby did the double over Cardiff, so doing it twice in a row is a momentous achievement. Cardiff really are shit these days - those four wins have all come against a different Cardiff manager as well.
Two clubs in the same pyramid is beyond the pale, frankly. ;)

Two clubs in the same pyramid is beyond the pale, frankly. ;)
I certainly wouldn't advocate it! I like Wolves because of my Dad and a soft spot for Swansea because of my Stepdad.

If Wolves play Swansea I support Wolves without question. It's nowhere near the same level.

I certainly wouldn't advocate it! I like Wolves because of my Dad and a soft spot for Swansea because of my Stepdad.

If Wolves play Swansea I support Wolves without question. It's nowhere near the same level.
Just poking fun, mate. I'm just blessed that Charlotte and Wolves likely won't ever play a match against each other that matters for anything!

Back