• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

All Apple here, too, Dan, although I'm personally stoked about it.

Y'all will get the standard package of highlights from me as per last season. No pressure for anyone to actually spend their time watching the Crown. 🙂

All Apple here, too, Dan, although I'm personally stoked about it.

Y'all will get the standard package of highlights from me as per last season. No pressure for anyone to actually spend their time watching the Crown. 🙂
Enjoyed your highlights last season mate.

Oh, I have Apple TV free for 12 months. I’m really going to watch a match now.

Just the 12:30am kickoff for you next week. ;)
He's probably in Madagascar or something, he's never at home...

Actually seems I may be able to get 6 months free with my EE contract. Will investigate.

I’ve got Apple TV for another 6 months with my Sky subscription. Didn’t realise MLS was on there. Do they have a highlights show?

Edit: I’ve just seen you have to also buy an MLS season pass. Forget that.

I’ve got Apple TV for another 6 months with my Sky subscription. Didn’t realise MLS was on there. Do they have a highlights show?
I honestly don't know how things like highlights will be handled. I don't believe that the intention for Apple is to create a 24/7 MLS channel or anything like that.

I do know that full match replays are supposed to be available on-demand, so I would imagine that something like "90 in 9" would also be available. Whether or not that means there will actually be insightful commentary... I honestly couldn't say.

You can watch Ted Lasso then...
ted-lasso-afc-richmond.gif

Good read that Alan.

Was about to declare Brandt Broncio as my new favourite name, alas, I mixed the letters up.

Edit: I’ve just seen you have to also buy an MLS season pass. Forget that.
It's a seriously awful deal :D

And the app doesn't work on non-Apple phones.

No chance.

It's a good deal if you compare to the other subscription services out there for American leagues. The NFL version is nearly $300!

Naturally, though, money is money. That's why they call it "money". :LOL:

The really positive thing, to me, is that Apple has convinced MLS to do away with blackouts entirely. Means a lot of out-of-market supporters will be able to watch their team when it simply wouldn't have been (legally) possible before.

It's probably quite a good deal internally in the US.

As an overseas deal it's absolutely appalling and they'll get basically no take up, I cannot get my head around their thinking. No-one in the UK (bar ex-pat Americans who still support an MLS team) is going to pay specifically to watch MLS!

I will see what the offer is like in Oz. Sat over breakfast watching an MLS game might appeal.

It's A$23 a month by the look of it. So £13 a month. Which is dreadful for a league that is at best lower Championship level and where you don't care about the teams...

(Oh and the league structure is bollocks as well)

I will see what the offer is like in Oz. Sat over breakfast watching an MLS game might appeal.
Morning football is brilliant. I adore getting my dose of the Prem alongside a fresh mug of coffee.

Back