• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

Some of those lockdown communal watches were a boon at the time. Remember watching Brazil v Italy 1982 with you so you young pup could actually revel in the majesty of Serginho’s awfulness.

Union Berlin are one side I 'follow' as such. Started when I saw they had a massive budget in the second division on cm01/02 and upon reading into them a bit more loved the fact their fans built their ground.

I go and watch Rangers probably 3/4 times a year aswell, a couple of my mates have season tickets so I generally get asked if they can't go and wolves are away that weekend.

Not really an avid follower of either but I do look out for their results and like to see both do well.

I go and watch Basford Utd regularly when Wolves aren't playing and I'm free, ground is (just about) within walking distance from the house with a decent pub stop on the way. Makes a nice change from all the travelling I have to do to watch Wolves!

Currently in the Southern Central Premier with Hednesford, Stourbridge etc.

I know I've mentioned it several times before but Sunderland would be my 2nd team.

My Mum's side of the family were Wolves fans (Mum was born in Wales but moved to Wolves as a kid) and my Dad's side of the family were from Sunderland and all massive Sunderland fans.

I'm not exactly sure why I chose Wolves but as I am Wolverhampton born & bred then I presume I just thought you supported your local team. Looking back now (and being a father myself) I can imagine that my Dad was a bit gutted that I didn't choose Sunderland and it would have been nice to have had the bonding of going to matches with him.

Although, one of my best football memories does come from a Sunderland match he took me to. It was the FA Cup Quarter Final 5th Round Replay in 1992 (the year they made it to the final as a 2nd Division club) away at West Ham, which Sunderland won 3-2. I was only 11 and it was my first experience of a proper away end atmosphere, my first ever evening game and it also helped that the game was a cracker. That match will always stick with me.

Union Berlin are one side I 'follow' as such. Started when I saw they had a massive budget in the second division on cm01/02 and upon reading into them a bit more loved the fact their fans built their ground.

I go and watch Rangers probably 3/4 times a year aswell, a couple of my mates have season tickets so I generally get asked if they can't go and wolves are away that weekend.

Not really an avid follower of either but I do look out for their results and like to see both do well.
I too have a soft spot for Union. Partly as a result of a previous Football Manager game but I also have a bit of a fascination with a few Berlin clubs. I find it interesting how Berlin teams have always been historically shite (Union obviously bucking the trend currently). If I ever visited I would happily go and watch Tennis Borussia Berlin, Viktoria Berlin or AK07.

There are several other clubs who I like due to Football Manager. Some of them are pretty small teams though so I can't really claim to follow them in any way:

Arenas Club Getxo
Rayo Vallecano
Atletico CP (Portugal)
Edinburgh City
Atletico Brown (Argentina)
Portland Timbers
Blyth Spartans

I too have a soft spot for Union. Partly as a result of a previous Football Manager game but I also have a bit of a fascination with a few Berlin clubs. I find it interesting how Berlin teams have always been historically shite (Union obviously bucking the trend currently). If I ever visited I would happily go and watch Tennis Borussia Berlin, Viktoria Berlin or AK07.

There are several other clubs who I like due to Football Manager. Some of them are pretty small teams though so I can't really claim to follow them in any way:

Arenas Club Getxo
Rayo Vallecano
Atletico CP (Portugal)
Edinburgh City
Atletico Brown (Argentina)
Portland Timbers
Blyth Spartans
I've seen Blyth play live!

Rushden and Diamonds were always my team on FM back in the day with the deadly duo of Duane Darby and Onandi Lowe. Can’t say I ever cared about them outside of FM and only found out they didn’t exist a year or so afterward they went.

Ayy, Portland getting a little love!

giphy.gif

Rushden and Diamonds were always my team on FM back in the day with the deadly duo of Duane Darby and Onandi Lowe. Can’t say I ever cared about them outside of FM and only found out they didn’t exist a year or so afterward they went.

A reboot of them are in the same league as TWF 2nd club favourites, Hednesford, Stourbridge, Tamworth and Basford. Currently giving Hednesford a right good go at being the worst side in the Division.

A reboot of them are in the same league as TWF 2nd club favourites, Hednesford, Stourbridge, Tamworth and Basford. Currently giving Hednesford a right good go at being the worst side in the Division.
I was considering going to the game today vs Basford but it has been postponed.

Trying to make it to the return fixture! This new league is great for away games compared to the Northern Premier. Was in Barwell on Saturday and was due to be in Nuneaton last week but was also postponed.

Maybe I should get a new hobby...

2.Bundesliga is back and St Pauli get a much needed 1-0 win away at Nürnberg.

Up to the heady heights of 10th but the league is as ridiculous as ever. Rostock are 9th on 21 points, Magdeburg are bottom on 17 points.

HSV beat Braunschweig 4-2 at home and are 2nd but best to assume they'll bottle it again, like they have every single year since relegation.

My two lads are into the St Pauli thing and have been over to watch them a couple of times.
The youngest borrowed a suitcase case of mine a few years ago and covered it with St Pauli stickers, i always feel quite smug at the airport when it comes round on the baggage carousel.

After a defeat last week it looked like MDT were going to finally grab a win. Twice leading against Bewdley....lost 3-2

Comfortable 2-0 home win for St Pauli over Hannover. 9th but still only 4 points clear of the bottom three.

13th to 18th separated by 2 points.

Apparently Harrison Afful's new contract with Charlotte includes a role in the scouting team as well as normal duties as a player.

I know player-coaches are a thing, but I've never heard of a player-scout.

Back