• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

A 3-0 win away at Freiburg yesterday for St Pauli. No, I don't know where that came from either.

Gives a three point buffer to the bottom two of Kiel and Bochum who so far look authentically terrible.

A 3-0 win away at Freiburg yesterday for St Pauli. No, I don't know where that came from either.

Gives a three point buffer to the bottom two of Kiel and Bochum who so far look authentically terrible.
Is their coach any good?

Well he has won at least one league game...

Losing Hürzeler was clearly huge. 16th and take your chances in the playoff (the top flight team normally wins) would be an absolute result IMO.

Well he has won at least one league game...
giphy.gif

GAK bottom of the Austrian Bundesliga with 0 wins from their opening 8 games, with their fierce local rivals top of the league.

Too fucking familiar.

We nearly let it slip away in the last ten minutes, but with a 4-3 win over Chicago last night, Charlotte FC have clinched their first ever playoff appearance. :giggle:

Don't let anyone tell you we made the playoffs last season. The 8th v 9th "play-in" game doesn't count, and even if it did, we got smoked so badly we may as well not have made the trip to New Jersey.

Side note: BofA always looks empty as fuck for midweek matches, but I promise there were 25k in there.

Reactions: b3h
Sorry for the lack of updates btw. Been a weird/rough couple of months.

Still owe CLD that USSF breakdown…

Charlotte have just totally outclassed an iffy but red hot Montréal side 2-0 at BofA.

Things may be clicking into place after a very rocky start to life with Ream, though he still looks nothing like what the club would have expected.

Okay “totally outclassed” was maybe a hypedrunk exaggeration. But we kept a clean sheet so.

Last edited:

Absolutely crackling energy in BofA as Montréal pressed in the last ten minutes, and Patrick’s clincher with nigh the final kick released all of it in one beautiful moment.

Still in a weird moment with my sport enjoyment, but this was a nice reminder of how it can feel on a good day.

A 3-0 home defeat to Mainz for St Pauli, never in the game by the look of it.

Kiel got a very surprising point at Leverkusen (despite being 2-0 down after 8 minutes) so they have made up some ground, Bochum are still anchored to the bottom of the table and Hoffenheim will remain in the bottom three unless they win at Stuttgart later.

Dortmund away next which you can't see a positive result from.

Back