• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

I was about to mention that - is Bear Del Boy?

Yeah don't know what I was thinking there.

I blame watching a French language film last night.

Vot is your nem?

5bb3u0zr6wr61.jpg

A 5--1 away win, making it 3 wins on the bounce and a new seating area ...what a time it is for the Gingerbread Men...

1000010331.jpg

As good as any place as any to ask, hey @Alan thoughts on the structure of US soccer these days? It seems there's leagues and expansion sides coming from everywhere and even the women's game is growing rapidly. All on the backdrop of no Pro/Rel system.

Is this a case of US soccer (in general) figuring out things? It does seem strange to have so many leagues seemingly running in parallel, but fascinating trying to get head around it all. Is there much connection to building up the amateur setup and then professionally?

Most my current knowledge is based off this:

Gone are the days where MLS was like, 14 clubs you could play on FM.

As good as any place as any to ask, hey @Alan thoughts on the structure of US soccer these days? It seems there's leagues and expansion sides coming from everywhere and even the women's game is growing rapidly. All on the backdrop of no Pro/Rel system.

Is this a case of US soccer (in general) figuring out things? It does seem strange to have so many leagues seemingly running in parallel, but fascinating trying to get head around it all. Is there much connection to building up the amateur setup and then professionally?

Most my current knowledge is based off this:

Gone are the days where MLS was like, 14 clubs you could play on FM.
US Soccer is far from figuring it out. From one crisis to the next. The male ego is rife within footy and MLS is basically corrupt. First Atlanta were allowed to write checks to buy the title and now they are bending the rules for Miami. USL is by far a better product of the game but for now MLS rules and I rather doubt it will change. In short, follow the money. That's all that matters in any US sport.

US Soccer is far from figuring it out. From one crisis to the next. The male ego is rife within footy and MLS is basically corrupt. First Atlanta were allowed to write checks to buy the title and now they are bending the rules for Miami. USL is by far a better product of the game but for now MLS rules and I rather doubt it will change. In short, follow the money. That's all that matters in any US sport.
Uh huh.

@C.L.D I’ll try to give you my thoughts when I have a proper minute to sit down.

Yeah I've scratched the surface more (lurked on reddit). MLS is trying to create their own Women's league now and USL is putting teams (pro and amateur? not entirely clear) in competing markets, so it's not about growth of the game it's like monopoly but instead of burger chains on every corner, its soccer. Basically: Amerikuh.

Still, no better time than now to have options, curious if it'll help create long term fans.

Terrible start for Antonio Conte at Napoli, losing 3-0 to Hellas Verona with some guy called Mosquera scoring 2.

Meanwhile Salernitana, back in Serie B now, beat Citadella 2-1. The Seahorses were losing from the 8th minute but 2 injury time goals turned the game on its head

A 2-0 home loss to Heidenheim yesterday for St Pauli. Got to get some points on the board quickly.

Union Berlin up next on Friday evening.

Salernitana lost 3-2 to a team called Sudtirol that I've never even heard of but as the name suggests, are located not far from Austria, a long old schlep from Salerno in the south to a team in Bolzano which is almost in Austria for a 6.30pm KO.

Napoli beat Bologna 3-0 last night and are being linked with Scott McTominay and Billy Gilmour!

A 2-0 home loss to Heidenheim yesterday for St Pauli. Got to get some points on the board quickly.

Union Berlin up next on Friday evening.

1-0 to Union and just 1 shot on target for St Pauli.

Ominous early signs.

Back