• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

1000010170.jpg

😲

Won on Tuesday as well. So 2 wins from 3 to start the season.

Had a decent start last season though and the manager fooked off and they collapsed in some style.

Glasgow Rangers Struggling poor against Hearts, not really looking like doing much, worry where the goals will come from.

Malaga looking forward to a few games i should be able to get to more as they will almost certainly be times I can make.

Wasn't sure where else to put this (do we have a 'foreign football' thread?!)

We're off around Europe on Thursday, and Mini Langers and I are hoping to attend a game at some point. Most likely when we're in Graz - Grazer AK are at home when we're there, playing the mighty BW Linz. Tickets are very reasonable - €18 for me, €12 for him.

Never been to a game outside the UK before - just wondered if anyone else had been to a game in Graz for either AK or Sturm Graz? I'm assuming you can drink during the game in Austria?

Yes, unless the ground has decided on its own bespoke rules, you can have a drink during the game.

Be aware that Austrian domestic football is fucking SHIT.

Yes, unless the ground has decided on its own bespoke rules, you can have a drink during the game.

Be aware that Austrian domestic football is fucking SHIT.

Yes, I am aware of this - however it's pretty much the only fixture that falls on a convenient date in the 6 cities we're visiting! Beggars can't be choosers etc.

Watching shit football in another country is ACE.

Oh absolutely. Just so long as you know in advance it'll be shit.

We're not expecting Champions League quality, don't worry about that! Will be ace to walk to the ground and enjoy the occasion in what should be 30 degree heat before we head out for food in the city centre afterwards.

I think there's a Parkrun in Graz as well that day. Might have to go along to that - ticking off a European Parkrun would be awesome.

As it's Austria, be sure to have DJ Ötzi as your running soundtrack. They love him.

Probably the lowest quality game I have watched was in Portugal. Lagos v Imortal DC

2.50 to get in. Guy on the turnstile was trying to ask us something as we paid but not a clue. He pointed at a poster in the hope that I could read what he was trying to tell us...still no clue, so in we popped.

Turned out he was trying to tell us that they were raising money for a local girl who needed an operation that could only be done in the USA so they asked for fans attending to pay 5.00 to get in with the extra 2.50 going in that pot of money.....no shame me.

Last edited:
Luckily I've been learning German on Duolingo for over 100 days now, so I would understand and know exactly how to respond to the German for "excuse me, we're raising money for a local girl who needs an operation - anything you might be able to give would be greatly appreciated"

Wasn't sure where else to put this (do we have a 'foreign football' thread?!)
No problem with it here! Makes as much sense as anywhere and happy for this thread to be useful to folks who don't give a shit about Charlotte and/or St. Pauli. :)

Luckily I've been learning German on Duolingo for over 100 days now, so I would understand and know exactly how to respond to the German for "excuse me, we're raising money for a local girl who needs an operation - anything you might be able to give would be greatly appreciated"
I knew exactly how to respond....

200w.gif

Back