• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to World Cup 2026 and UEFA Nations League

There's a lack of alternatives apparently and that's because others are not given an extended chance or even an opportunity in a training game. We ain't going to win anything with limited players like Maguire and he is only going to get slower. We have to look to the future.
Get Kilman in 😬

Ronaldo, what a winner the bloke is. Tracking back and tackling after scoring the winning goal. Felt sorry for the Scots. Defended really well, Gunn made some great stops although possibly should have done better for the first Portugal goal. Still m.o.m. for me though.

Ronaldo, what a winner the bloke is. Tracking back and tackling after scoring the winning goal. Felt sorry for the Scots. Defended really well, Gunn made some great stops although possibly should have done better for the first Portugal goal. Still m.o.m. for me though.
It was incredible from Ronaldo. With my rose tinted glasses I would like to think the win was because of Jota all game or Neves coming on, or Semedo being solid BUT in reality the whole match was transformed by the positive energy of Ronaldo coming on at HT. Yep, Gunn was tremendous, MoM. A really good watch that one.

It was incredible from Ronaldo. With my rose tinted glasses I would like to think the win was because of Jota all game or Neves coming on, or Semedo being solid BUT in reality the whole match was transformed by the positive energy of Ronaldo coming on at HT. Yep, Gunn was tremendous, MoM. A really good watch that one.
Was a great game to watch. Not often I want the Scots to win (or draw) but would have enjoyed it if they had. Serious underdogs against a powerful Portuguese squad.

Ornstein reckons tonight's team is:

-------------------------Pickford-----------------

Alexander-Arnold----Stones-----Konsa-------Lewis

-------------------Rice--------Gomes------------------

------------Saka--------Grealish-------Gordon--------

-----------------------Kane----------------------------

Henry Winter was on FiveLive this morning and stated that Lewis and Gomes would be in. He didn't mention any other changes which means he must be getting his inside info from the same/a similar source.

How is that almost every starting line up has been leaked for like the last 5 years?

Australia lose at home to Bahrain.

Only two go straight through and Japan/Saudi Arabia are in their group, so a very high chance now they'll have to go through an elongated campaign (another mini-group stage and a final playoff).
Could only draw 0-0 away in Indonesia today.

Half the team don’t sing it either, very dreary anthem to and it’s not even the English national anthem.
It is the 'default' English National Anthem, penned during the Jacobite Rebellion IIRC.

It's just hit me that I (and I think a couple from here) played in a charity match against the England manager. That's a weird thing to say.

TAA carrying in his form from the last game. Had the ball three times and given it away under no pressure.

Piss weak reffing there player blatantly goes down knowing he’s in deep shit

It’s a great time to be an England Coach, such an abundance of talent, there’s no doubt a Klopp or a Guardiola would have these players winning Tournaments.
Southgate could never do it, still early days for Carsley.

Wilson and gomez deserve a chapeau,
I like the new grealish, and carsley got kane out of midfield, and look what happens.
The finish gk and centre half,
(H something) played exceptionally well, and while i liked the cameo by Madueke, i've seen all i want to see of Eze in an england shirt.
Snappier passing and much sharper into the tackle all over the field, so, so far so good from Carsley.

Nathan collins and Doherty found hopelessly inept in defence for ROI tonight. Never in a million years are they Premier League level defenders, this is all just a dream and when I wake up it will be 2015 again and Jackett will still be in charge

Nathan collins and Doherty found hopelessly inept in defence for ROI tonight. Never in a million years are they Premier League level defenders, this is all just a dream and when I wake up it will be 2015 again and Jackett will still be in charge
Still baffles me that we, of all clubs, managed a profit on Collins.

Yerson Mosquera scored with a header in the Colombian WC Qualifier win against Argentina but went off injured. Will try to find out why he went off, etc. ¡Vamos Colombia!

Back