• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to World Cup 2026 and UEFA Nations League

'McGuire' is one of the most baffling misspellings I've ever seen (and it's not just you, it's everywhere). Leaving aside that he's been around so long that he played against Wolves 11 years ago and he's so well known as a Man Utd and England player - surely Maguire is a more common name anyway if you were guessing between the two?!
Silly boy, i'm irish, i would never guess maguire.
And an irish "mac" , is Mc, as opposed to the scottish Mac.
Plus i fucking seriously dislike Mcguire, so frankly my dear, i dow give a fuck. 🤪

Plus i fucking seriously dislike Mcguire, so frankly my dear, i dow give a fuck. 🤪
There's not much need for guessing. He's been an England regular for 7 years.

As for the game won it early, went through the motions afterwards

Did the hard work in the first half and played very well, second half just kept Ireland at arms length, England very much had more gears to go through second half if they needed to.
Ireland far to open at times which constantly allowed England to get in behind them.

Do you mean to tell me that Ellis Island fucked up my Scottish family, too?

1920s bastards.

Do you mean to tell me that Ellis Island fucked up my Scottish family, too?

1920s bastards.
Probobally not al, but i didn't take the 'o' level, as i didn't give a fuck then, either.
Strange though some of the meaningless things some people waste their time over on here.

I know a bloke who's surname is McInulty and his entire family is from Wishaw in Scotland.

You want to see what Ireland fans think of him, they're distinctly less complimentary...

Joint lowest-rated player here:

He was terrible, rightly hauled off after less than an hour. Can't defend, isn't fit and offers very little going forward these days.

Ronaldo on the bench with his arm around Wolves 3rd choice keeper for the anthems

1-0 Scotland, McTominay

Pedro Neto off for Ronaldo at half time? Leao has been abysmal and Neto dangerous in the first half.

You want to see what Ireland fans think of him, they're distinctly less complimentary...

Joint lowest-rated player here:

He was terrible, rightly hauled off after less than an hour. Can't defend, isn't fit and offers very little going forward these days.
And, what is more at wing back all Doherty had to do was expose the jittery Colwill and the strolling bulk of Maguire.
How on earth was Maguire given yet another game when this was an ideal opportunity to give more experience to someone else at CB as we build for future competitions?

Portugal vs Scotland is a right feisty and interesting game unlike that training exercise yesterday.

Maguire is only 31 and with Stones and Guehi he's definitely one our best CBs.
We will have to disagree then.
IMHO Maguire gets targeted every time by pacy opposition whether in the Premier League or in internationals. Regularly caught out of position seeking penalties, can't score when more or less every set piece is aimed at his Neanderthal bonce and is quite simply a complete and utter liability.
Have a good day!

We will have to disagree then.
IMHO Maguire gets targeted every time by pacy opposition whether in the Premier League or in internationals. Regularly caught out of position seeking penalties, can't score when more or less every set piece is aimed at his Neanderthal bonce and is quite simply a complete and utter liability.
Have a good day!
Who are you playing ahead of him? Not a pro Maguire comment, more that there's a lack of alternatives. Stones when fit and Guehi will be first choice

Who are you playing ahead of him? Not a pro Maguire comment, more that there's a lack of alternatives. Stones when fit and Guehi will be first choice
There's a lack of alternatives apparently and that's because others are not given an extended chance or even an opportunity in a training game. We ain't going to win anything with limited players like Maguire and he is only going to get slower. We have to look to the future.

Back