• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

Indeed it is. Nottingham Forest Ladies played Leicester City Ladies off the park this afternoon, but lost to a last minute goal.
Dodgy decision given by the wined and dined ref?

Having seen the team line up with Rooney in midfield, i decided to read a book and saw the result this morning.

seems i missed nothing, and have to say i agree with every word of DW's blog.

That big Sam is happy to say this morning, that he cannot tell Rooney where to play, sums up the new manager and lays waste to all his " I could manage Barcelona" bollocks.

With Rooney in Midfield we are sailing forward with a huuuuge anchor dragging the sea bed.

Well my interest in England internationals has been waning for several years, this did nothing to dispel that thought. :(

I did some hoovering instead. Turned on part way through the first half, and after a bit decided to do more hoovering instead...

I love watching England and was delighted with the late winner.

Just like being a Wolves fan, it is not a tap that can be turned off just because we aren't the best side or on the cusp of wining things.

Having seen the team line up with Rooney in midfield, i decided to read a book and saw the result this morning.

seems i missed nothing, and have to say i agree with every word of DW's blog.

That big Sam is happy to say this morning, that he cannot tell Rooney where to play, sums up the new manager and lays waste to all his " I could manage Barcelona" bollocks.

With Rooney in Midfield we are sailing forward with a huuuuge anchor dragging the sea bed.
The post match comments about not being able to tell Rooney where to play are bizarre. That sort of player indulgence was the one thing I thought Allardyce would put a stop to.

The post match comments about not being able to tell Rooney where to play are bizarre. That sort of player indulgence was the one thing I thought Allardyce would put a stop to.
Indeed.

Cowardly shite.

Alli and Barkley are better players, with a long future in the game and yet we stick with the guy who's done nothing of note when it matters for 12 years and to cap it off seemingly allow him to do as he pleases.

Indeed.

Cowardly $#@!e.

Alli and Barkley are better players, with a long future in the game and yet we stick with the guy who's done nothing of note when it matters for 12 years and to cap it off seemingly allow him to do as he pleases.

Sam Allardyce is surely the next Mike Bassett. Classic comment about Rooney. Er Sam, it is your role to tell Rooney where to play, you're the manager for God's sake !

Waiting for Benson and Hedges to join the squad.

I hope now Pep Guardiola is working in this country he can be used as a pundit to discuss the tactical requirements to get the best out of a lone striker at the highest level because at the moment England are failing Harry Kane much like Wolves failed Benik Afobe.
Rooney was never the answer.

I love watching England and was delighted with the late winner.

Just like being a Wolves fan, it is not a tap that can be turned off just because we aren't the best side or on the cusp of wining things.

Not really, being a Wolves fan was a choice at an early age, being an England fan is guilt by association :)

There have been a few England games over the past few years (mostly friendlies) that I have completely forgotten were on and missed. I knew this was on, had a free afternoon and couldn't be arsed to watch it. It's almost bordering on active dislike now rather than the apathy of the past decade.

Shame because I went to the 3-2 Scotland away game and absolutely loved it. I thought after that my outlook might change.

Ireland in front already in Serbia. Hefty deflection on the shot by Hendrick.

Bodvarsson has missed an absolute sitter for Iceland, pretty much an open goal and he puts it over the bar.

Bodvarsson has missed an absolute sitter for Iceland, pretty much an open goal and he puts it over the bar.
I'll pre-empt the obvious 'I hope this doesn't affect him like Iwelumo's miss for Scotland' posts by pointing out that he did just fine for us for the month immediately following that. One of the biggest Wolves myths of the last decade.

I might also ask why Coleman is playing five at the back at home to Moldova. Staggering inflexibility.

Cracking Bale cross and Vokes header for Wales' opener. Been pretty lacklustre so far, no real fluidity and not breaking down Moldova at all, but that should change now.

Back