• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road to Russia 2018

3-5-2 wouldn't be the way I would play though. Still think 4-2-3-1 is our best option with the players we have.

depends on who we are playing....

a midfield defensive 2 of Henderson, and Dier, against fucking Malta / any fucking team outside the top 5 is shit
I'll take it against top teams.

My preference tho is to play a solid defensive game and catch teams on the break. we could have been 3 down, we could easily have won 3 - 0

We could just not play Henderson, that seems a fairly easy solution to that conundrum seeing as he's had the grand total of 0 good games for England. I'd genuinely still rather play Gerrard or Lampard than him.

Play Dier (as he is the best DM option, and we do need one) and someone a bit more expansive next to him. Winks has started off ok. Wilshere has shown a little bit of promise in the Europa League. We're struggling after that I'll grant you. Loftus-Cheek would not work in that area at all (and I'm not sure he was actually that good on Friday).

Of course if you play Dier and Henderson then you'll create nothing, we know that from watching umpteen dreadful CM combinations down here over the last 30 years. Like Henry/Mancienne was fine for us when we were exclusively playing for 0-0s, but that actual scoring goals bit was going to prove very difficult if that were your supply line. You would think International Manager Gareth Southgate would have worked that out before now.

We’re going to get destroyed tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neymar-Jesus-Coutinho front 3 for Brazil.

Just read a stat on the beeb that the top scorer in internationals in our squad is Ashley Young!

Looking forward to another midfield masterclass from Jake Liverpoor.

Denmark score, 1-1 and poor defending again

2-1 Denmark... Ward robbed of the ball, three passes later and Eriksen fires in from outside the area

Looking forward to another midfield masterclass from Jake Liverpoor.

He really is a poor player. Nothing redeeming about his play at all. I don't get the whole RLC love-in, I haven't seen anything that tells me he's going to be a great player, just looks bang average to me.

He really is a poor player. Nothing redeeming about his play at all. I don't get the whole RLC love-in, I haven't seen anything that tells me he's going to be a great player, just looks bang average to me.

He does the odd nice little trick here and there but it leads to nothing, he doesn't link with the front men properly, doesn't show for the ball enough in the right areas, looks like a FIFA Street player to me.

This has been shocking. No attempt to keep possession, no gameplan. Horrendous management.

From what I have seen so far - limited contact & a Brazil FK

England do look somewhat agricultural in comparison at the moment though

Brazil are playing some lovely possession football but they aren't actually threatening that much yet.

If it wasn’t for the fact I was stuck in a back water pub on my own I wouldn’t be watching this.

Livermore v Neymar is great to watch.

This has been shocking. No attempt to keep possession, no gameplan. Horrendous management.

It's really poor. I guess the game plan is counter attack football but it's limited when your midfield has the pace and creativity of concrete.

The thing is that Southgate sells himself as bringing through a bright new dawn, we might suffer in the short term but he'll bring through the youth...right. But that's no good if you play no football. It's no good if you pick terrible footballers like Livermore or awfully flawed ones like Maguire. There's no sense in you picking Joe Hart if that's your policy. Are we going to play like this in the World Cup if we draw Brazil in the group, which could happen?

It really is a Saunders at Wolves in 2013 equation. You have an element of dysfunction that can't be fixed overnight. You have to set your sights lower. But this chump is so rubbish and operating three or four levels above where he should be that you're going to get worse, week on week, game on game.

Oh good, Jesse Lingard

Oh good, Jesse Lingard

"Nearly won the game" on Friday says Clive. I say he hammered the ball over the bar from eight yards when he was totally unmarked, because he's fucking shit. Perception innit.

Back