• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Race For The Top Four

Whats your view on West ham's remaining fixtures?
There's are similar to ours, 4 from the top, 5 from the bottom. I have them getting 58 (10 points), hence why we need 59. They got 2 points more than I expected them to yesterday

West Ham is still the target. Utd have 4 points on us and better GD, I know not by much but unless we start regularly winning by 2 or 3 then that gap will widen. So 5 points is a massive swing in 9 games, highly unlikely.

Avoiding defeat to West Ham and we’d have been firmly in driving seat, but we didn’t. Still got a chance though, but will probably need to win 2 of next 3

Go back a few seasons ago when City finished second to Liverpool . City had a really poor season by their standards , losing something like 8/9 league games ( including 2 to us ) , but yet finished a comfortable 2nd in the table . One of the main reasons was that they hardly drew any games at all that seasons .
Draws can be a killer - it's only 1 more point than a defeat , yet never feels like a game that was nearly lost .

Wins give you momentum , defeats hurt you and should galvanise you to perform better . Draws do very little for you .
In praise of the humble draw: if we’d got one at West Ham we’d be 6th now. Go wild and draws in both the Arsenal games and we’d be 5th!

But if you’re turning two losses to draws only fair you do it with the wins against Southampton and Leicester. Net loss of two points...
That’s more than fair. I guess my point, as much as there was one, was that draws don’t always ‘do little’ - in fact it would have been a big result against West Ham in the current context.

That’s more than fair. I guess my point, as much as there was one, was that draws don’t always ‘do little’ - in fact it would have been a big result against West Ham in the current context.
I guess my point was there’s a tendency to focus on losses becoming draws not wins. I’d definitely take draws against City and Liverpool. There would be something special about a draw at Anfield stopping them winning the league.

I guess my point was there’s a tendency to focus on losses becoming draws not wins. I’d definitely take draws against City and Liverpool. There would be something special about a draw at Anfield stopping them winning the league.
I was thinking yesterday about how sweet that would be, the memory of celebrating Home Counties scousers in the corporate box behind us in the family enclosure still niggling away.

My point on draws yesterday is that - they don't give you the motivation to improve next time out that a defeat does .

Posters here are saying that wouldn't draws against Arsenal and the Hammers have been really helpful.........yes is the answer , but I'd argue that we might not have beaten Everton or Watford.....well maybe Watford is a bad example .

3 defeats on the trot as we had with Arsenal , West Ham and Palace really focused the minds in a way that 3 draws simply can't do .

Im just saying I’d rather have got a point from West Ham than not, and if we had we’d be above them in the league, so draws do more than little. FWIW I also don’t think we needed to lose there or against Palace to beat Everton, but I respect your opinion and, certainly, a collective low point can serve to be a turning point.

I am pleased that we bounced back from three defeats. Dropping 6 points to palace is gutting. Thats where two draws would have made many feel better and losing to Arsenal is always galling.

Its likely to be tighter than many , including me , thought back in February. IF , and its a big one we stand a chnace of 6th place with the last two games ands Norwich are already gone and Man City or Liverpool already champions then we could have a shot right at the death. Lots of water between then and now though. Leeds first and it would be good to beat them and Villa and go to Newcastle on a bit of a run.

Yes, although I fear our chances of that are slim. Fully expect Liverpool to deliver their favour even without Salah, although catching Arsenal is as long a shot as my Scarlett Johansson date request.

Spurs in front. Spawny goal, hit Romero and went in.

Back