• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Race For The Top Four

Interesting post match interview coming up in a few minutes on TS from Antonio Conte...

Pretty defeatist talk imo...didn't realise he was a bottle job, he surely knew there was a problem at that club before he signed?
He has form for walking when things don't go his way.

Will be funny if he goes as Kane was happy with this appointment and Spurs fans thought all their Christmases had come at once

He has form for walking when things don't go his way.

Will be funny if he goes as Kane was happy with this appointment and Spurs fans thought all their Christmases had come at once
Yeah I get that but that interview sounds like he's just given up after a few bad results...he surely knew he had a rebuilding job on his hands and that Levy was a tight arse. Don't these top managers do any research before they sign for clubs?

Yeah I get that but that interview sounds like he's just given up after a few bad results...he surely knew he had a rebuilding job on his hands and that Levy was a tight arse. Don't these top managers do any research before they sign for clubs?
In fairness to him, a night in the rain in Burnley is enough to make anyone reconsider their career choices.

Fwiw i had a look at some form table connotations.

If we ignore the first 3 games we'd be 5th.

If we go from 6th game onwards we're in 4th, tied on points with 3rd with a game in hand on them and 5th place 1 point below us but with a game in hand on us

So it's crazy to think we could finish 4th, but not totally, 100% batshit mental insane.

If I could rock up at a job for a few months, spend the whole time complaining and get a seven figure payout I'd jump at the chance, tbf

This week has made Europe harder. Big March ahead. Can’t play like we did today against palace orcWatford or we won’t get any points from them either.

There's no need to wave the white flag just yet, yes we've been poor last 3 games but we've still plenty to play for....probably 7th at this point.

There's no need to wave the white flag just yet, yes we've been poor last 3 games but we've still plenty to play for....probably 7th at this point.
We do. If Bruno rows back on the fucking terrible shit he's served up in February and plays the way he should in March we could be in for a good finish of 60pts come May.

If we're still on 40pts at the end of March we'll be looking for a new manager.

A week can be a long time in football. A week ago things looked pretty good. In a week's time if we beat Palace and West Ham lose at Anfield and it will look a lot better. I never thought 4th was realistic and would snatch your hand of for 7th and if the likes of Moutinho and RAN are fully fit soon we could get back to winning ways but it also needs Lage to stop being so scared of our opponents.

We do. If Bruno rows back on the fucking terrible shit he's served up in February and plays the way he should in March we could be in for a good finish of 60pts come May.

If we're still on 40pts at the end of March we'll be looking for a new manager.
Well yeah obviously....I'm hoping something changes. If we carry on as the last 3 games we'll finish 8-10 and that probably would have been seen as very acceptable in September, will be a bit meh after the position we got ourselves in a few weeks ago.

Seven defeats against the current top 7 and in those defeats we have managed just one goal , against Arsenal. We still have to play the current top three again and have yet to score against them. I cant see how Lage can change anything as he just doesnt have the depth or quality to change it. His starting line up against West ham showed that. We are safe, its been a fun ride but realistically , we are the easiest team to beat in the top half for a reason, and that reason is that we dont create enough or score enough. That situation needs to be addressed in the summer or we will probably struggle badly next season

Last edited:
Top 4 is probably beyond us, but we should absolutely be pushing for top 6.

A couple of defeats doesn't mean our seasons finished, two very tough away games. This season will go to the wire I'm sure of it
As our last game is at Anfield I hope we’ve secured at least 7th before that!

Back