• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

They've improved a bit since he came on, still not really tested the keeper though and they have Simon Church leading the line now, he wouldn't have got in our L1 team. Edwards has come on too and has done fuck all for a change.

Edit: 3-0, Guidetti.

Disappointing, but not overly concerned yet

The Slovakia game is massive. Wales must win that.

They've improved a bit since he came on, still not really tested the keeper though and they have Simon Church leading the line now, he wouldn't have got in our L1 team. Edwards has come on too and has done $#@! all for a change.

Edit: 3-0, Guidetti.

Wales without Bale or a fully fit Bale are a different side by some margin.

Of course. Bale is the key to Wales doing anything in the tournament.

Disappointing, but not overly concerned yet

The Slovakia game is massive. Wales must win that.

I agree although I don't think Slovakia are as bad as some are making out, last thing Wales want is going into the England game with it being a must win.

Wales without Bale or a fully fit Bale are a different side by some margin.

To be honest i don't think they are that good a side with him fully fit either, they've done well to qualify but i think they could finish bottom of our group and the 9/4 for them to do that is quite a good price.

To be honest i don't think they are that good a side with him fully fit either, they've done well to qualify but i think they could finish bottom of our group and the 9/4 for them to do that is quite a good price.

For me it's how long is a piece of string, some have said they are dark horses for the whole thing which I think is absurd.
I wouldn't be surprised if they came top of the group or bottom.

I think we will finish second behind England, or possibly third. Can't see winning the group. I hope we don't finish bottom.

Gut feeling is Wales will finish as one of the best third place teams and will go out in the second round which for me would constitute as good tournament by them.
But I do agree with DW having Coleman in charge is a worry, I think he's been carried by Bales performances at times.

I don't rate Russia either, i think they are slow and cumbersome at the back and have very little quality going forward. They have lost 3 of their last 4 friendlies, 2 of them to Croatia and the Czech's.

Russia have been more attacking since they changed their manager during the qualifiers. They don't have any pace like you say, and their defence has suffered from the new attacking style, but I still expect them to finish 2nd. Their front three of Smolov, Dzyuba and Korokin is decent.

Wales just don't have enough quality going forward for me. They can't rely on Bale to win the games all the time.

As you'd expect. The defence has to perform or they'll finish bottom.

How do they decide the four 3rd place qualifiers?

I assume it's points first up then wins, GD, goals scored, etc?

As always Wiki has the answer:

1. Higher number of points obtained

2. Superior goal difference

3. Higher number of goals scored

4. Fair play conduct

5. Position in theUEFA national team coefficientranking system.

Quick reminder, anyone thinking of having a bet, use skybet, free £3 every time your team wins.

So 8 teams go out in the group stage - 6 bottom placed and 2 third placed.

Can you name them? I'll go with:

Albania, Romania, Wales, Northern Ireland, Turkey, Republic Of Ireland, Sweden and Hungary.

Tough call between Sweden and Iceland IMO.

Back