• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree I thought the Italians let him play because he couldn't hurt them.

really not sure what fellaini's purpose was other than being a big lump in the box and that didn't work for them. the few times the Italian defence was stretched and there was space and opportunity in front, Belgium didn't have anyone there to take advantage. if they got lots of good crosses in and he was on the end of them, maybe that would justify him being in there, but it didn't happen this eve.

I am delighted with what I have seen tonight. I can't remember having so little enthusiasm for an Italian squad going into a tournament as I have this time but tonight was excellent. The defense was superb though they did lose their heads a bit in the second half and I thought they might throw it away so palle's goal at the end was a massive relief and I felt how I felt when Del Piero scored the 2nd against Germany in the 2006 World Cup semi.

I'm not getting carried away but I bloody enjoyed that against one of the tournament's so called favourites

Gabor Kiraly becomes the oldest man to play at the Euros beating Lothar Matthaus.

And gets to wear his pyjama bottoms at the same time. I'm quite looking forward to this match, got an inkling it might be entertaining.

Austria so close to the early goal, cracking effort. Itv rolling out the A-team commentary wise, Iain Dowie the obvious choice for co-comms duty.

Alaba is so absurdly good. Not the prolific scorer a la Ronaldo or Messi but has to be considered one of the best in the world.

that looked dangerous for junozovic, can he play?

He's absolutely brilliant. Pep wasted him at centre half really for big parts of the last two seasons, he is still top class there (you can play him pretty much anywhere) but you lose so much of what he can offer you going forward.

Alaba is so absurdly good. Not the prolific scorer a la Ronaldo or Messi but has to be considered one of the best in the world.

Best all round player possibly? Can play him anywhere and he is an 8 out of 10.

I think Pep quite often had to play him there due to circumstance though Dan rather than out of choice?

Didn't help that Benatia got injured this season and Badstuber is permanently broken, but the season before he had more options (Dante was still around and Benatia was available all season) and he still parked him there because he decided he wanted to play a back three. Pep does like to show off how clever he is.

Arnautovic is doing my head in already. Such a self-involved prick. Even Mourinho said he was a child, which is saying something.

He's just handed a transfer request in at Stoke apparently too. He wants to play in Europe.

Excellent chances at both ends wasted. Quite surprised that Arnautovic didn't just put his laces through it instead of the pass.

Dzsudzsak should have done more there, weaker side or not.

Hungary has been better than Austria

Not sure there is much between them, Austria have the better players but Hungary look more of a team.

Not sure there is much between them, Austria have the better players but Hungary look more of a team.

Good accurate summary slink. I expected a bit more from the Austrians. Looks a weak group

I expected a lot more from the Austrians, seem very disjointed.

Austrians beginning to piss me off going to ground from the smallest touches and staying there when it's clear there isn't much wrong. Get up and get on with it especially when your side have the ball.

Apparently the Iceland manager is a dentist. When they play Portugal I hope he can bridge the gap in class...

Back