• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

Been out & only just finished eating - have seen the goal (which was well taken) but reading this don't appear to have missed much else
There's been some neat football at times, mainly from Italy, but many outright scoring chances. Been a decent watch for me though.

getting a bit desperate from Belgium. individuals trying to do too much.

There's been some neat football at times, mainly from Italy, but many outright scoring chances. Been a decent watch for me though.

Yeah, a pretty good game I think.

Surely Wilmots is better going two up top here against three centre halves. Just swapping like for like seems worthless.

Lukaku is so overrated, gets by because he's big and strong. I mentioned on the transfer thread the other day his touch is not that of a top striker.

Lukaku of after a dreadful game, Italy have Belguim right where they want them.

Nice to see that the Italians still love a bit of pure dirtbag fouling when needs be too.

Belgium look identical to their showings in the World Cup. Completely reliant on individuals to conjure up some magic.

Lukaku is so overrated, gets by because he's big and strong. I mentioned on the transfer thread the other day his touch is not that of a top striker.

Back to goal he needs to improve a lot but he is a truly fantastic finisher in my opinion. I think he gets a lot of unfair stick. Has it all to prove at international level I suppose though.

Belgium look identical to their showings in the World Cup. Completely reliant on individuals to conjure up some magic.
They remind me a bit of England 10-ish years ago. When we didn't play well.

There's so little chemistry within the side.

Huge chance for Origi which he wastes. Italians getting a little bit ragged.

They remind me a bit of England 10-ish years ago. When we didn't play well.

There's so little chemistry within the side.

Good shout. You go through our 2006 side, A Cole, Terry, Rio, G-Nev, Becks, Gerrard, Hargreaves, Lampard, Owen...serial winners at club level, all bona fide top class players at the time, yet once Sven had gone demob happy we had no gameplan at all, just sent them all out and trusted we'd do enough to win. Which we did to a point, because the defence was so good and Becks would always give you something off a set piece, but nowhere near enough to go all the way and way below what the team should have achieved.

Back to goal he needs to improve a lot but he is a truly fantastic finisher in my opinion. I think he gets a lot of unfair stick. Has it all to prove at international level I suppose though.

I don't think he's that good infront of goal, look at his chance tonight. He gets a lot of chances and misses too many clear cut chances. Like you say his back to goal work needs to improve a lot too. Don't get me wrong he's good but he still has lots to work on.

Courtois setting a decent gk standard after some bang average stuff this tournament

Belgium have to score from one of these chances.

Two huge headed chances for Belgium, Benteke would surely have stuck both of those away?

Germany and France look better than these two. England first half would have caused problem's

Back