• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

Marc Wilmots has managed to show how inept he is before Belgium have kicked a ball.

Stick your best player on the right wing, leave out one of the best central midfielders in the Premier League for Fellaini and playing an MLS nobody at right back and splitting up a great centre half partnership for Vermaelen who's fundamentally broken.

What a man.

Three draws might be enough to get you through just depends how other groups pan out.

Was pretty excited for this match earlier but both managers have conspired to pick woeful XI's.

I know Italy are missing Marchisio and Verratti, but there is no excuse for that midfield. He left possibly the best Italian midfielder in Serie A out of the squad and then picks Giaccherini.

Laughable.

Wilmots is such a dick. Vermaelen really?? Then Fellaini over Dembele. The Italian back 4 are still quality but the front 7 is shit, wow.

Croatia has been the best team for me so far

Wilmots is such a dick. Vermaelen really?? Then Fellaini over Dembele. The Italian back 4 are still quality but the front 7 is shit, wow.
Exactly, dembele is quality

Keep thinking Belgium have got Valderrama playing for them.

Pellè is quality if you give him the right service but hard to see where that's coming from with a narrow, cautious midfield three and Darmian at LWB.

We are due a game with a shed load of goals. Perhaps this one? Ever the optimist

Is it me or is ther Belgian kit a real 80s throwback with its lines and stripes?

Candreva can put a decent ball in, but beyond that the team is devoid of any attacking threat.

Baffling that he's left Jorginho, Bonaventura and Saponara at home and then stuck that XI out.

I get the feeling Clattenberg may be busy and we may not finish with 11 a side

I'd have thought Mertens would have been a better option over Fellaini.

I'd have thought Mertens would have been a better option over Fellaini.
Definitely, with KDB in the middle and him on the right.

I guess Wilmots wants a big nuisance to try and occupy their quality back three rather than trying to play through them. We'll see if it works.

Back