• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

You say that like they're a team famed for world class goalkeepers.

Not world class, maybe, but for a country of their general footballing pedigree you'd expect much better from their keeper starting a Euro finals. Whereas you may expect the likes of, say, Albania or Northern Ireland to have a bombscare in goal.

Perisic's turn to miss one he should have scored.

Brozovic looks a useful player.

Turkey were absolute pap until about 20 years ago. England beat them 8-0 in one of the 80s qualifying campaigns.

eh???

turkey were shit for Eons, and have only been anything other than that in the last fifteen years. For most of which they had Rustan in goal. He of the eyeliner. He was good, but I have never known turkey have anybody else of note.

Whereas Northern Ireland have had some truly magnificent goalkeepers in their time, including the superb Pat Jennings.

Turkey were absolute pap until about 20 years ago. England beat them 8-0 in one of the 80s qualifying campaigns.

Aye but they've put out some decent teams in my lifetime.

Would help if they didn't have so many dual-nationals pick to play for Germany, I s'pose.

So have Northern Ireland too though. 1982 to 1986 they were decent.

You might want to check out their forwards in the late sixties. A certain messrs Best and Dougan.

So have Northern Ireland too though. 1982 to 1986 they were decent.

You might want to check out their forwards in the late sixties. A certain messrs Best and Dougan.

Not saying they haven't had some true greats (Best especially), but just based on my lifetime (1991 on) you would be forgiven for thinking their depth would be spread a bit thinner than Turkey's.

Regardless of our disagreements here, I think we can certainly agree that Babacan doesn't look nearly good enough.

UEFA has apparently sent a notification to England and Russia that they will be disqualified if the fan violence continues.

UEFA has apparently sent a notification to England and Russia that they will be disqualified if the fan violence continues.

well that would settle the brexit debate.

Croatia should be out of sight. nervy last few mins for them.

Frankly, no matter how much Russia were to blame in the ground last night, there has been plenty of shit going on to justify the threat to both sides.

Now watch local nutters intimidate England fans as a disqualification would "do France a favour".

Corluka has been very brave but you can't allow him to continue with that much blood under the current rules

Croatia deserved winners, Turkey very poor. Still struggle to see Croatia going any further than the last 8. Neither side with any real attacking edge.

Ultra defensive from Northern Ireland. Three centre halves plus Baird and McNair in midfield.

Not surprised really. Poland are going to be charging at them. I expect Attack vs defence for 90 minutes

I've got Salgado, Andy Cole and Paul fucking mcveigh as summarisers here. How did he get a gig!

I don't think even Tony Pulis has ever picked a team with 5 centre halves.

Having Chris Brunt there as a pundit seems a little cruel.

Attack v defence. Far too negative imo no way can you hope to defend for 90 minutes at this level of football.

Back