• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

Woeful defending.

A real pisser. Should have won that comfortably, Russia are poor.

Take the other 90 minutes into account and Wales and Slovakia are gonna have to play well to stay with England.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beat Wales and we will still win the group but why does it always have to be so difficult with England?

Going to watch future England games either on the patio or kitchen, with occasional visits to the bathroom (as thats when we score) & not looking at the screen

So disappointing to wind up not winning that game. Play a team off the park and just when you're wondering if you're going to be made to pay for not taking the many, many chances carved out, take the lead deservedly and all you need to do is hold out against fairly cumbersome opposition. And you don't push out properly after clearing a corner. Basic stuff and punished.

As a performance there were many positives to take out of it, you can definitely see there's a very good team in there. Rooney played better than I ever expected he would in that role, Dier was excellent as was Walker, Lallana lacking a touch of end product but some tremendous technical stuff and a nice dimension to our team, Kane leading the line well even if not much came off for him. All good stuff. No good ultimately if you can't see out a game and perform the kind of fundamental defensive stuff that should be second nature.

Torn between being encouraged that we looked so much more cohesive and threatening than any other team has done so far, or massively frustrated that we've chucked two points away.

Got what we deserved. Didn't convert our dominance in the first half and didn't make necessary subs when needed in the second half. Tough $#@!.

Agree,Vardy should have come on to stretch that bang average defence especially after Kane was spent.

Really thought Vardy should have come on against tired defence, Sterling is pretty useless and it's a shame Lallana can't finish. First half was impressive but second was more typical England. Still should have won but crap goal to concede

Wales will be loving this result - big game for both on Thursday (though it was that anyway whatever the results tonight)

Great header to equalise. Hart was rooted to the spot. Shite defending by England though, nobody took responsibility.
Would hate to be in Marseille now, gonna be ugly scenes

Great header to equalise. Hart was rooted to the spot. Shite defending by England though, nobody took responsibility.
Would hate to be in Marseille now, gonna be ugly scenes

Russian fans charged at the England fans at FT. Stewards couldn't cope according to some journo's on Twitter

Hodgson should have taken the bull by the horns & put more pressure on Russia in the last 15 mins

Milner - an experienmced international, but he is not going to push you that far upfield.

Play in their half & they really can't hurt you

Russian fans charged at the England fans at FT. Stewards couldn't cope according to some journo's on Twitter

Cant be right,I'm sure I heard the commentator say the real fans were inside unlike the ones outside:facepalm:

Personally, I thought lallana and sterling were pretty poor. No end product from either. Vardy should have come on at half time or shortly after.

Roy has to take a lot of blame for that. Awful negative substitutions especially the Milner one whose closing down of Schennikov before the cross for the equaliser was very poor. Vardy should have been on to use his pace and we ahould have gone to kill Russia off. Big game Thursday made even bigger now.

Lallana, Sterling, Kane and Alli just didn't affect the game at all in the second half and Roy really should have made more changes earlier. That result has got to go down to the manager.

Don't think we need to overreact too much. Obviously conceding a goal in the 92nd minute is always going to feel like a defeat, but for large chunks of the game today it was the best England performance I have seen in a long time.

In 1966, 1990 & 1996 (our best three tournaments) we drew our opening fixture too.

Onwards & upwards.

Back