• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

I'll be here all tournament...

The England band are a pain in the arse of been to a couple of England games where they've been in close proximity and they did nothing but annoy everyone within 30 metre radius.
Pretty sure they stole the idea from the Ajax band in the 90's who's own fans learned to despise in the end.

I have two tickets for the final of Euro 2016 but I didn't realise it will be on the same day as my wedding so I can't go.

If you are interested and want to go instead of me... it's at St Peters church in Burton and the girl is called Sarah.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

I can't remember not hearing them at an England game.

And there's the problem, like the Peppa Pig theme that's all you associate your mornings with when you have kids. It's depressing having those talentless cunts belt out noise like a tone deaf one man band. Should fuck 'em off.

And there's the problem, like the Peppa Pig theme that's all you associate your mornings with when you have kids. It's depressing having those talentless $#@!s belt out noise like a tone deaf one man band. Should $#@! 'em off.

I wonder if they realise just how despised they are? Or do they really think they are loved and an integral part of fans supporting England? Fuckers

It's a football match not fucking Open Mic

I think they first showed up around 96 but I don't remember hearing them during the tournament itself.

So irredeemably naff.

I think they first showed up around 96 but I don't remember hearing them during the tournament itself.

So irredeemably naff.

According to reports they did show up at 96, but likewise I can't remember them either. Maybe now the fans at least appear to be quieter their dreck stands out more.

So irredeemably naff.

According to reports they did show up at 96, but likewise I can't remember them either. Maybe now the fans at least appear to be quieter their dreck stands out more.

So the good old English fans took it upon themselves to start chanting "ISIS, where are you?" in Marseille last night. Apparently a bunch of French footy fans - or as the press are referring to them - "hooligans" - didn't take to it kindly, being a heavily Muslim area, and a scrap ensued - wrecking a local bar. Police got involved with tear gas and a couple were arrested. Another bloke got hit in the face with a wooden chair.

These people are not football fans. Support the team, have a good time, enjoy yourself - but if you act the fucking cock, expect trouble. It's always the English isn't it? It's embarrassing.

Me neither cant remeber them, probably were introduced as a novalty that would never last.

Anyhows enough of those deaf attention seekers, am alot more optimistic then when the draw was made about Ireland's chances of getting out of the group, Sweden are not great, Belgfuim as pointed out by others are not as good as the sum of their parts and Italy by their standards are not a great side, we are good enough to sneak at least 1 win out of those three which should be enough to get out of the group, saying that we would need the very kindest of draws (unlikely if you finish 3rd) to make it past the last 16.

The Nordies drew the short straw and will do well to pick up any points saying that they wont be cannon fodder (put it this way will do better then we did in 2012)

Wales havent got a clue dont think there is much between them Solakia and Russia could go home early or just as easily make the last 8.

England will score plenty of goals and be good to watch and will be one of the best teams in the competition but there is a howler lying there in the back 4 which will happen sometime or other and will cost you.

Hard to know who will win it with question marks about all of the major sides, going with France only based on the home advantage and for an outsider to have a good run I am putting a few quid on Austria at 40-1

So the good old English fans took it upon themselves to start chanting "ISIS, where are you?" in Marseille last night. Apparently a bunch of French footy fans - or as the press are referring to them - "hooligans" - didn't take to it kindly, being a heavily Muslim area, and a scrap ensued - wrecking a local bar. Police got involved with tear gas and a couple were arrested. Another bloke got hit in the face with a wooden chair.

These people are not football fans. Support the team, have a good time, enjoy yourself - but if you act the fucking cock, expect trouble. It's always the English isn't it? It's embarrassing.
The thing is, if they are like most Muslims, who are usually at pains to point out that their religion is against everything ISIS stands for, then why are they getting offended over this chant?

Maybe because it's stupid, pointless and needlessly provocative?

Utterly stupid to have England games in Marseille,even Mystic meg could predict this would happen.

That's still no need for them to kick off about it. It wasn't directed at them was it?

I feel embarrassed for Ray Wilkins getting near enough every formation tactically wrong on SSN. It makes me wonder how some ex-pros ever get jobs.

I feel embarrassed for Ray Wilkins getting near enough every formation tactically wrong on SSN. It makes me wonder how some ex-pros ever get jobs.

The vast majority appear to be idiots who gain employment in the media due to profile rather than having the required knowledge. Celebrity culture.

What's he doing, Johnny? (I'm stuck in the office and can't watch).

That's still no need for them to kick off about it. It wasn't directed at them was it?

It might not have been directed at them but it could still bring a load of shit to their town couldn't it? It's not difficult to see why residents would get pissed off with a bunch of drunk cunts singing inflammatory shit in their town.

Back