• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Official Euro 2016 Megathread

It might not have been directed at them but it could still bring a load of $#@! to their town couldn't it? It's not difficult to see why residents would get pissed off with a bunch of drunk $#@!s singing inflammatory $#@! in their town.

Hmm id wager that quite a few folks from Marseille have been relishing (nay planning) this week for quite a while.

It might not have been directed at them but it could still bring a load of shit to their town couldn't it? It's not difficult to see why residents would get pissed off with a bunch of drunk cunts singing inflammatory shit in their town.

Hmm id wager that quite a few folks from Marseille have been relishing (nay planning) this week for quite a while.

In truth it was probably 6 of one & half a dozen of the other

So the good old English fans took it upon themselves to start chanting "ISIS, where are you?" in Marseille last night. Apparently a bunch of French footy fans - or as the press are referring to them - "hooligans" - didn't take to it kindly, being a heavily Muslim area, and a scrap ensued - wrecking a local bar. Police got involved with tear gas and a couple were arrested. Another bloke got hit in the face with a wooden chair.

These people are not football fans. Support the team, have a good time, enjoy yourself - but if you act the fucking cock, expect trouble. It's always the English isn't it? It's embarrassing.

One English person arrested. I'd hazard to guess that fans from quite a few of the competing nations were arrested last night or will be in the 48 hours before their game. I'm not condoning the behaviour however it isn't always the English.

Apparently this has been the England team during practice games.

---------------------------------------Hart.

----------Walker---------------Smalling---Cahill----------------------Rose.

---------------------------------------Dier.

--------------------Lallana.----------------------------Ali.

--------------------------------------Sterling.

------------------------------------Rooney.
-------------------------------------------Kane.

Coral are doing a new customer promotion. Enhanced odds of 50/1 for England to beat Russia. Free £5 bet if it loses. £1 max bet.

Normal odds are 10/11, you get the rest of the enhanced odds in free bets.

Worth a go if you haven't signed up with them. I might sign up in my mum's name to get it!

Really? I read the ad in this morning's paper, said it was available from 8am.

Yep, they pulled it after X number of sign ups.

There seems to be a bit of value in the group top/bottom markets. France top, Albania bottom at 5/4 looks nailed on. If you can double/triple them up you can land something tidy.

Got Romania in my work sweepstakes FFS.

One English person arrested. I'd hazard to guess that fans from quite a few of the competing nations were arrested last night or will be in the 48 hours before their game. I'm not condoning the behaviour however it isn't always the English.

Well this the problem, if the England fans aren't the aggressors in this they'll still get the automatic blame. The stigma we have from the 70's and 80's will never go away.
I think England v Russia 9pm kick off in Marseille on a Saturday is recipe for trouble, no doubt the stories of 18 years ago have been talked about by the locals as well.
If masses of potential England trouble makers have made it to Marseille id be questioning the authorities on how they've made it.

I had 3 goes in the work sweepstake.

Romania
Austria
Slovakia

FML.

These people are not football fans. Support the team, have a good time, enjoy yourself - but if you act the $#@!ing cock, expect trouble. It's always the English isn't it? It's embarrassing.

I agree with your sentiment, but not your first sentence. They are football fans, they've spent a fair amount of money to go to the South of France and support England, it's not the late 70's/early 80's where some people only went for trouble, but after a few beers if it's there I'm sure they won't hide from it.

Reports that De Gea has been kicked out of the Spain squad for acting as some kind of pimp for the U21 team when he played for them have been refuted.

By all accounts more trouble this evening in Marseille involving England, Russian and French fans.

Back